Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Setting Squad names in role assignment screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello again... I have two more questions... they are not essential but will make things a bit nicer... will do as separate posts

Question one: When in role assignment, all my squads are Alpha... how do I set the names of my squads in the role assignment screen, so all four squads have there own name... or even Alpha, Bravo etc...

I have seen somewhere that you need to add non playble AIs and set condition of presence to zero until you run out of squads in a platoon so the next playable squad will be Bravo... is this the only way to do this?

Thanks again
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setGroupIdGlobal

I think this might help you. I didn't manage to get mine working on the selection screen, but in game for switching units yes. I think it was because I put it in a trigger instead of init or something so it triggered after mission started.
If you mean how to set the groups ID's in lobby (role selection), you cannot (at least without huge unnecessary work). First group placed to map in editor is Alpha-1, second is Alpha-2 and thats it. However you don't need to worry about this anyway.

You can however add custom description to unit:

Place unit on map. Make it playable. Below init field is 'description' window. Type to this field 'Bravo lead' or something like that. Now that units role will be shown as 'Bravo lead' in lobby.

For group id to be referenced in sidechat and team roster: Use the method in Phantom's post to assign the groups unique call signs. I.e put this to leader's init field:

Code:
group this setGroupIDGlobal ["Bravo-1"];

Units in that group now references itself Bravo-1 in sideChat, etc.
I had a feeling that may be the case, thank you  Smile
You won't get any group ID working on the assignment screen because bluntly put, what you do in terms of scripting will NOT reflect before the scripts actually run.

If I need some specific stuff, I usually use the Description field.

Also note, you can selet a callsign for the group (after slot screen) by synchronizing it with an appropriate group ID module, so no scripting needed
(12-30-2015, 12:38 AM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]Also note, you can selet a callsign for the group (after slot screen) by synchronizing it with an appropriate group ID module, so no scripting needed

Last I used that it didn't work on dedicated, use the command itself like Phantom posted.
(12-30-2015, 01:52 AM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: [ -> ]Last I used that it didn't work on dedicated, use the command itself like Phantom posted.
BIS modules not working on dedicated? Can't be Smile
Must have been broken recently then, since I used it once and it worked