Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CO@23 Battle for Krasnostav
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Summary:

Chernarus is falling to Russian forces. All that remains is us, a small number of US forces who have heavily fortified Krasnostav. All we can do now is wait for the fight...

Terrain: Chernarus
Mods: CUP_Terrains, RHS
Note: This mission has Headless Client integrated however is not mandatory to play
This was a very good mission. Tactical/operational stuff goes to debriefing, but here's a recap about mission-related tech stuff after a bit of pondering:

- Commander to separate group. Currently there are 4 vehicles + overall commander on same channel. Vehicle management alone, no matter how simple mission, is lot of comms. Sure, you can do it in local but sometimes it doesn't work due engine sounds, etc. In addition to 4 tanks, leader has to also be in comms with 2 outposts, 2 anti air teams, and 2 infantry teams. Thats lot of traffic to both ears now. I had to switch to non-occupied channels few times just to remain sanity.
- Each vehicle as a separate group.
- Every vehicle manned by 3 human players. I come to this in detail later.
- I understand scrapping tanks leads to power balance issues so here's my suggestion. Add 1-x AI tanks, and maybe 1 general purpose infantry team/squad to HIGH COMMAND mode and sync it to Commander. This way firepower remains same and mission works as it is. High Command mode is surprisingly effective when used right. I use it often in my missions where player must have extra firepower without adding playercount.  Commander just has to stay alive to lead it.

We have had this discussion in other threads, but more I play with vehicles, more adamant I am that 3 human players = most effective way. AI drivers, especially with RHS stuff are pain.  Full human vehicle team, as a separate group, emphasizes teamwork/comms and is lot of fun. 

I understand author is concerned of mission being fun for all and I sincerely respect/appreciate that kind of thinking. However in our last mission I had to cycle the tanks back and forth between hotspots, send them to hunting patrols, etc. I don't think it is boring! Besides, gunner/driver can always switch in half way to mission so both gets their share of different tasks.

I stress that this is purely my personal opinion and likely matter of playstyle/ taste. This was a very, very good mission just as it was! A nice change to the usual spec-ops stuff that workshop is full of.
Hey Stag,

Thanks for the feedback. Updates are as follows:

• Corrected a non-working trigger
  • Separated groups for better communications
  • Gave each Recon Tower JTAC abilities
  • Fixed vehicle ammo to allow resupply