Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: [COOP 19] The Zavarak Data Heist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all, finally managed to finish this mission... quite a big description here... but anyone in command will need to understand exactly whats going on... missing some details may result in the death of your team!

I have used FHQ task tracker and Pyscho's Revive script, and tried to stick with the CiA preferences... also, a small team of 3 players will be able to fly or drive one of the two tanks... this is the Transport team, no one else will be able to access the choppers or tanks.

Steam workshop link:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=589703396

===============
Teams:
4 player Recon team 1
4 player Recon team 2
4 player team
4 player explosives team
3 player transport (pilot drivers)

Can be played with one pilot and 3 teams, just will be more challenging : )

Pilot will have choice of transport chopper, or can fly back and offer airsupport

Briefing:

We have discovered a new aircraft being developed in Takistan somewhere, if we don’t find  out where and study its technology, CSAT will gain a large advantage. We need to locate and  plan an attack to capture the project in its current state which will keep us one step  ahead of the enemy.

Your mission is to locate a laptop in North Zavarak and  install a virus which will reveal the location of the enemy project. This laptop needs a  strong data signal which means a satellite dish will be attached to its building, our intel  shows there are a few possible locations.

Before you install the virus, you  will need to block the data comms tower located in South Zavarak. Warning, if you attempt  to install the virus before blocking the data comms it will fail, alerting the enemy who  are likely to send in a large force to investigate.

The datacomms will only  stay blocked for 15 seconds, so will need to hold this position until a team is in place  and ready to install the virus, once its unblocked you can attempt again should you need  to.

IMPORTANT INTEL:

CAR BOMBS
Our intel  have discovered there could be car bombs located in North and South Zavarak. If you see any  vehicles parked, have a look around for a civilian watching over it… approach the civilian  with caution… he may be armed with a pistol, take him out to eliminate the threat of any  nearby car bombs.

CIVILIANS
We have been told that North Zavarak is heavily guarded and  civilians have been evacuated, however some civilians may remain… proceed with caution

AA
We also have been advised that four static AA units are on a roof in North Zavarak and two  static AA units are in South Zavarak, take these out in case you need air support or evac

END
Once you have installed the virus, regroup at  main base to debrief (action added to flag to end mission)
Good luck!

Good luck!
==============
Uploaded! Looking forward to play it, sounds interesting.
Let me know when you do... I will try to be around to either spectate or play (and will try to record it also)

Also... a friend of mine help test this on my dedicated server... he doesn't have much space on his PC and will not be able to install all of your addons... however for this mission, you only need Allinarmaterrain pack... will he be able to join somehow... maybe with some of your adons but not things like CUP etc...

... also here is the link to the workshop item (have updated OP):
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=589703396

I would like to link to and mention on my workshop post, that CiA have helped me with this (with all my forum posts lol) but only if you like the mission and its good... I wouldnt want to associate your names with a crap mission lol
Looking forward to this one!
Is it the remade sar e sang?
That was my original plan, but felt that was cheating, so have created a totally new mission... lots of hours went into this, hope its fun and challenging! 

(01-01-2016, 02:01 PM)treendy link Wrote: [ -> ]Also... a friend of mine help test this on my dedicated server... he doesn't have much space on his PC and will not be able to install all of your addons... however for this mission, you only need Allinarmaterrain pack... will he be able to join somehow... maybe with some of your adons but not things like CUP etc...
I guess we can make a one time exception. Please get him to apply the same way as you did and I'll send him the password.

(01-01-2016, 02:01 PM)treendy link Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to link to and mention on my workshop post, that CiA have helped me with this (with all my forum posts lol) but only if you like the mission and its good... I wouldnt want to associate your names with a crap mission lol
Sure thing!
We don't use AllinArma terrain pack anymore though, so how will we play this mission?
I could create a new version based on the CUP takistan map... then just copy it all over...

Will set it up shortly and update the pbo attachment on the OP

(01-03-2016, 03:33 PM)doveman link Wrote: [ -> ]We don't use AllinArma terrain pack anymore though, so how will we play this mission?

Did Alwarren say most missions shouldn't be affected and still playable on cup?
Im just downloading CUP terrain now... will test it out later, hopefully will just work
(01-03-2016, 04:16 PM)Den link Wrote: [ -> ]Did Alwarren say most missions shouldn't be affected and still playable on cup?
Ah yeah, stupid me, I forgot about that.
Thats a relief... however you say "Most missions shouldn't be effected"...  will try later and hope mine will be ok 
Just tested this with CUP Terrain and it all worked fine : )

Cool
Just updated the OP description as I realize that it's normally less than 19 people online, this mission can be played with 13 players... just will be more challenging...

Pages: 1 2