Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Chopper Extraction example - question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I tested the example mission, I killed p4 to see if the chopper would extract. The rest of us loaded onto the chopper and chopper would not leave the extraction zone.

Thoughts? I would imagine the script should be checking for living units only?

Thanx Lighty
It does check. Was the kill reported ? Usually, the engine assumes members are still alive when they are not reported dead... did the command bar show that one of the guys was dead ?
Im not sure what the "Example mission" is but wouldn't it be better to have an action to extract... say for example a player is wounded and no one can get to him (he could be saying "go on without me guys")... or some other reason... the rest of the team will have to wait for him to bleed out
I prefer it the way I implemented it. Your mileage might wary. Usually, if someone is wounded, it should be the responsibility of the team to help him, even if it doesn't look likely that it would work.
(01-09-2016, 11:36 AM)treendy link Wrote:the rest of the team will have to wait for him to bleed out

You can just press escape and hit the "Respawn" button, which usually kills you in non-respawn missions.

Besides, the only reason I would ever let someone bleed out is because there is something bugged and you cannot help him. Call me an idealist, but even if it is a game I won't leave anyone behind Smile
Agreed, I don't think the Hollywood "leave me behind" is very realistic.

So in response to whether they were dead, I setdamage 1 to p4 in the extraction trigger. It showed only 3 left in the team. 3 of us boarded the chopper and the chopper did not extract.

Update:
Just tested it again twice on my mission and your test mission (killing player with bullets instead of setdamage to 1) and it worked so all good thanks.

New Update:
Damn - now I just increased number of units to 12 and all with 'FHQ_playerGroup = group this;' in the init lines of the units. As soon as the units hit the extract marker, the chopper spawns but before it can pick up the units it says mission complete.

Help please!
(01-09-2016, 04:10 PM)Lightspeed link Wrote:New Update:
Damn - now I just increased number of units to 12 and all with 'FHQ_playerGroup = group this;' in the init lines of the units. As soon as the units hit the extract marker, the chopper spawns but before it can pick up the units it says mission complete.

Are they all in the same group ? Or different groups ?

Note that you are not bound to even extract groups or anything. The script expects an array as the first parameter, "units FHQ_playerGroup" is just an example, you can also write [p1, p2, p3, p4] or "units group1 + units group2" etc.

The script spawns the helo, and then waits for all units to be in that helo, i.e. for the given units, it waits until vehicle _x == spawned helo is true, then it dusts off

This is the appropriate part of the script:

Code:
_cnt = {alive _x} count _units;
while {_cnt != ({_x in (_spawnVec select 0)} count _units)} do {
    {
        waitUntil {(vehicle _x) == _spawnVec select 0};
    } forEach _units;
}; 

If in doubt, post your mission here and I can take a look
(01-09-2016, 04:10 PM)Lightspeed link Wrote:Agreed, I don't think the Hollywood "leave me behind" is very realistic.
lol I do agree with this also... but I'm thinking more the ability to choose how you move on based on your current situation.

Say, you are at the extraction with a group of saved civilians, you need to extract because an enemy team are about to catch up with you...  Do you go back to help your downed guy and risk losing the rest of your team and civilians, or do you extract...

(01-09-2016, 04:10 PM)Lightspeed link Wrote:As soon as the units hit the extract marker, the chopper spawns but before it can pick up the units it says mission complete.
How are you completing the mission... trigger, script etc... and what script/condition is being used