Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma3 Apex Pre-Order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks Etzu, I would have missed that, pre ordered now : )

I have seen the Apex trailer before, looks amazing!!!

(01-17-2016, 08:14 PM)Variable link Wrote:Everybody get that, it's going to be a mandatory DLC on CiA. For all the cheap bastards out there who ranked more than 300 hours on Arma 3 and still don't want to get the DLC, have a second thought about how much this game really worth Smile

Regarding DLC:

I'm usually not defending companies selling DLC. Most modern games come with too much DLC, especially if the game itself already cost 60 Euro and there's day one DLC.

In the Arma 3 case, there has been much debate over the topic "Is the DLC worth the price". Well, you pay 20 Euro now and get all the DLC, and an additional 25 for the expansion. Given that almost everyone bought Arma 3 during alpha, and went for the cheap package at 25 Euro, that makes the whole game experience you will get (game + DLC + expansion) 65 Euro.

Now, this is in some cases the price you pay for a full game these days. Considering that most people here play Arma 3 regularily, and have 300, 500, 1000 or more hours in it, anyone telling me that the DLC and/or expansion is overpriced, not worth the money, or a rippoff, should do the math and see how much they paid for every hour on Arma 3.
Good post above regarding value.

I suppose A2+Arrowhead+BAF+all that spoiled us as there was absolutely incredible amount of stuff in that package.  A3 is a bit 'different' but it isn't yet at end of its lifetime. I was disappointed for omitting existing hardware for demi-fictional future tech and general lack of content but many other qualities made it up.

But it isn't just the game. You have also to consider what will you get as a bonus. Buy the game and you have access to zillion of mods for completely FREE.  Sure, quality varies, but some are almost commercial level stuff. Add FREE CUP and RHS, subscribe for few better made Workshop missions. Suddenly you have hell of a lot of top notch content for that invested buck. Using mods or user made content has never been easier than it is today. Even mainstream user has now easy access for incredible amount of extra stuff for the price of a game.

I sure dont like the 'use the mods' argument as excuse for some lacking features/content, but with this franchise, the actual game is just half of the cake.
(01-18-2016, 03:20 PM)Varanon link Wrote:In the Arma 3 case, there has been much debate over the topic "Is the DLC worth the price". Well, you pay 20 Euro now and get all the DLC, and an additional 25 for the expansion. Given that almost everyone bought Arma 3 during alpha, and went for the cheap package at 25 Euro, that makes the whole game experience you will get (game + DLC + expansion) 65 Euro.

Your math is a bit flawed, game + DLC + expansion = 70?€
But regardless I couldn't agree more. My cost per hour for playing Arma is around 0,07€?. Easily the cheapest game I've ever played
(01-18-2016, 04:09 PM)McGregor link Wrote:Your math is a bit flawed, game + DLC + expansion = 70?€

Crap, and I studied math :|

And 0.4 Eurocent for me per hour...
It's 0.05 eur for me, but I'll try to make it even cheaper!
Pages: 1 2