Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CO@13 Sar-e Sang Interception
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I agree, keeping the chopper sitting there idle would be a bad idea and probably mean the failure of the mission.

I could have just added medics to the teams, but thought I would try something different...

I like giving as much choice as possible, so the failure of a mission or a death of players feels more of a responsibility to the commander and players.... how should we block comms?, where and how should we distribute our medics?, where should we insert?, how do we destroy three towers in 30 seconds with two teams? etc...

...Although... we could play this mission and I may feel it was a crap idea and learn from that... or it may play out well...  (hopefully the latter  Tongue)

Thanks for all the comments
Would you like to issue a new version based on the comments or should I upload the one you updated today?
Thanks for asking, please upload current version:

1. Medic chopper now a stronger model
2. Can now destroy vehicles without failing mission (just not any of the vehicle cache)

The rest to stay the same, I want to see how it plays out

OP is ready for upload (thanks)
I have a couple of suggestions. First of I don't understand the point of having the medics in a separate team and having them fly a chopper. It's highly unrealistic TBH. I would add medics to both Alpha and Bravo instead and then have a dedicated pilot (Littlebird).

The pilot can do a couple of inserts (of Alpha, southern team?) around the towers and then we can coordinate detonation of charges via radio (That's what me and Evans did when we played the 4 player version).

I would also get rid of patrols that spawn in the middle of nowhere as it makes little sense having them there. Placing them around buildings, check points, patrols along roads etc would make more sense
After playing it last night I had the same thoughts and already have it opened in editor : )  First attempt at making a  mission with that many players (will tweak my other two also based on what I learned)

Will keep some patrols on the outskirts (to keep you on your toes), also, I wasn't too happy with the separate medical team situation... but I am glad I tried it...

Also, I failed to add in the briefing that the Radio equipment was very heavily guarded (oops) so will add that into the description too

It will still be a hard mission, must keep it challenging, but hopefully more immersive next time.

Based on trying this for the first time and my first larger scale coop mission, I have made a few adjustments to improve the balance (and keeping it challenging), have adjusted my other two missions which will be updated shortly

OP PBO updated, medical team are with the teams now, all teams start at main base (didn't make sense to separate them for this scenario).  Enemy Patrols adjusted

Updated.
I have had to update one last time... since my last changes I just felt I took too much out and this mission was missing something.

I have update now so we have two humming birds and two hunters at base plus a few other minor tweaks to make this mission just as fun as it was originally!

OP updated, I'm confident this is my final amendment now!

Thanks
Pages: 1 2