Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CO@13 Sar-e Sang Interception
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have managed to tweak this mission to support 13 players... added an extra radio tower (so all three needs to be taken down together).  also, if you end up in a position where you cant take out all three at once, I have now made the radio equipment harder to get to. (and have added Anti Air units, so be careful flying this time!)

There are now three squads

=========
Teams

Team 1: 5 man team starts in south east main base (access to hummingbird and hunters)

Team 2: 5 man team in town to north west (access to hunters, no chopper)

Team 3: 3 man medical team None of the other teams have medics, team three is the medic team starting in south west with access to hummingbird, so decide carefully how you use these!
=========

I have used FHQ task tracker and Pyscho's Revive script... revive script is medic only can revive

Steam workshop link (this link is for the original 1-4 player version):
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=562984830

Briefing:

We have intel of a planned enemy attack on one of our main bases, we also know where this attack will be launched from.

Your mission is to move into the enemys area and block communications, destroy the vehicle cache, and eliminate the enemy officer in charge.

Warning, If they find out about this interception, they will call HQ to inform, you MUST take out their comms before you take out any vehicles… any loud explosions alert them and end our mission.

You can either take out all three radio towers (the explosion from one will alert them, you will have 30 seconds to take out the other before they call HQ).

Alternatively, you can move closer to town and take out the radio operators equipment.

Good luck
Uploaded! Looking forward to playing it. 13 is indeed a good number, we should find the time to play the mission tonight.
That would be perfect as I was hoping to be online tonight.

Also... the other "The Zavarak Data Heist" can be played with 13 players (just as long as one person is happy to be pilot, used for transport and airsupport for when things get tense!)

But would be amazing if either of these are played
Sorry, just uploaded adjusted pbo... added a few spectators and fixed a couple of issues.

Can you upload this version please
Sure, uploaded.
Ok based on the last attempt, I think i will remove the feature that will cause the mission to fail if a vehicle is destroyed...

Will change so if any of the main objectives are attempted before the comms are down the enemy will notify HQ and be aware of our plot (hence failing the mission)

So blowing up any armored vehicles will be fine (just not the vehicle cache)

Will update OP and let you know when its ready
uploaded updated version of mission to OP
(01-22-2016, 05:29 AM)treendy link Wrote: [ -> ]So blowing up any armored vehicles will be fine (just not the vehicle cache)

Did you think about making it a specific radius around the main body of troops? I mean, I can follow the logic that if something blows up, they will know that someone is there, but so far away from their base they shouldn't hear that, and the APC exploded immediately.

I mean, with the same logic, you could say that the APC would have reported seeing two hunters headed their way and also called off the mission.

Something else:
Quote: revive script is medic only can revive

In that case you might as well leave it out. There is no way that if you have a minute or two on a downed guy that you can get the medical team there. The rotor blades of the Hummingbird almost take that long to spin up. Getting hit under these circumstances is a death warrant.

If you want to have it hardcore, make it so that you need a FAK to revive but that anyone can revive. The medics would still be needed to heal the revived members, but under the circumstances, the medic team is useless since they will never make it in time.
Setting a radius was one of my first thoughts, but then, thought it makes more sense for the enemy to notify HQ that their plans of attack are compromised when they notice the vehicle cache is being destroyed.

That way, it makes sense that the enemy will see the hunter, hear gun shots etc... and not call HQ until their cache is at threat.

Gutted it didnt last longer : (  was excited to see how the mission went

I am looking forward to trying it again, it looks like a cool mission. It's too bad it ended so abruptly.
Quote: There is no way that if you have a minute or two on a downed guy that you can get the medical team there

The medical team can split and spread between the other teams reinforcing which ever team may need it more, or fly out to a team that is under attack ready to help etc...

There are a few tactical options on how to use the medical team  Wink
(01-22-2016, 01:51 PM)treendy link Wrote: [ -> ]There are a few tactical options on how to use the medical team  Wink

Yes, but this tends to make it more about procedure than anything else. It's the reason I do not like ACE's complex medical system, or this XMedSys (or was it ACM) thing. It makes the medic's role about procedure, not about gameplay.

IMO, of course.
Nice mission buddy. I like the basic idea and settings.

My recommendation for this to work will be to tweak with enemy spot distance and speed and the radius in which if you detected you are perceived as threat.
I also noticed that enemies spawned suddenly in close range to medical team which makes impossible for us to take off and go help other teams without being noticed. And they spotted us in a split of the second while we were prone, maybe having the heli near by didn't help.

If i understood correctly, you either have one team sneaking and blowing up the radio stuff while the rest teams are on hold playing poker Smile or you have 3 teams approaching stealthy all 3 antennas and blow them in the same time. In both cases you have the medical team watching the skies Smile

Also that heli is pretty fragile, one lucky shot can kill the pilot and lose all medics.

I would focus on one aspect only, either logistic where you have medics flying around and providing support while others assault or something, or stealth aspect where you have all 2-3 team doing something in the same time. This way you can keep the mission short and interesting. Is all about fun and experience Smile
Thanks Alias,

Its night and the enemy have no night vision... maybe like you say, its because your chopper was right next to you that gave it away.

I hope to see this mission play like a game of chess, there are a lot of approaches this mission can be taken,  not sure who was in charge last night, but they had a good plan, keeping all teams busy, one team getting into position on the towers while the other moves in on the equipment, that way if one team fails, the others are ready for a backup plan.

I know of a few ways to handle this mission, but will not give that information away : )

But having guys playing poker and watching the sky's would not be one of the best approaches lol

I do agree with the weak chopper for the medics though... I have updated that now to a better chopper... to be honest, not sure why our team would fly in using a civ chopper in the first place.
(01-22-2016, 01:51 PM)treendy link Wrote: [ -> ]The medical team can split and spread between the other teams reinforcing which ever team may need it more, or fly out to a team that is under attack ready to help etc...

There are a few tactical options on how to use the medical team  Wink

As Alwarren says, it's no good the chopper sitting idle until someone is injured as they'll almost be dead before the bird even spools up, let alone gets the medic there. So they will at least need to be constantly ready and spun up, if not hovering nearby but at a safe distance, to have any chance of getting there in time and if you get injuries on more than one team at the same time you'll probably have to chose which one to save and which to let die.

If you split the medical team between the other teams to avoid people dying whilst waiting for the chopper to deliver a medic, then surely you might as well just assign one medic to each team at the start and forget about the chopper? I can't imagine you can use it to take the medic from one team and move it to another to give them two, as then players in the first team are likely to die before you can get a medic back to them in time.

I may well have misunderstood something though, as we didn't get to experience your mission properly yesterday and I look forward to replaying it.
Pages: 1 2