Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Task Force Radio in missions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have been spending some time trying to get task force radio to work on my dedicated server... I have added the Channel TaskForceRadio in teamspeak3 with password 123, I have the mod active (client side) for task force radio and CBA_A3... but i keep getting error "no task force radio deployed on server".

I have tried to find step by step instructions on how to set this up, but nothing seems to work.

Im not sure how the server knows the Teamspeak server address... or does it just connect to your TeamSpeak3 client and sees who you are connected to?  Thought maybe i am missing a config setting on the server to say the teamspeak address location.

I have just seen something else though... which is the reason I have added this to the Mission making thread...

It seems you need to add the task force stuff in your mission... so you cant just play any mission (like the vanilla "Headhunters" mission on stratis... you need to actually set the moduls up on the mission.

Can someone confirm this is the case, before I edit all my missions and include these modules

Thanks

(01-18-2016, 07:09 PM)treendy link Wrote: [ -> ]I have added the Channel TaskForceRadio in teamspeak3 with password 123, I have the mod active (client side) for task force radio and CBA_A3... but i keep getting error "no task force radio deployed on server".
You also need to install the mod on the server, just like any other server side mod. Install the mod folder and the userconfig and you'll be fine.

And no, missions DO NOT need the TFAR radio modules to work. Nothing at all. TFAR works perfectly on vanilla missions that were made even before TFAR was released.
Thanks, everywhere I read, said its all client side only and nothing needs to be added to server... I thought it sounded strange!

(01-18-2016, 09:14 PM)treendy link Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, everywhere I read, said its all client side only and nothing needs to be added to server... I thought it sounded strange!
huh? where does it say that??
There were a few forum posts with the error message I was getting, the advice people were getting on a few occasions was that nothing needs to be uploaded to the server.

Here is one of them
https://forums.nfoservers.com/viewtopic.php?t=10878

Quote:Again, Task Force Radio is a client side mod - you do not need it on the server.
By: Caliban55

Uploading now : )
This cannot be right. If it isn't installed on the server, the radios itself will not be known.
I know, its working now anyway with it installed on server