Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Throwback Thursday. Mission suggestions here:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First thursday of a month is Throwback Thursday ™.

We play ALREADY COMPLETED missions which are deemed as classics.
Missions that stood out. Were memorable. Arma experience to n:th round.
Missions that makes you increase your medication, in good way.

Here is your chance to suggest such a mission. Optionally, describe with couple of sentences why this mission qualifies.

I bite:

Code:
[FHQ] Game of Drones. COOP12
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=298469301

Deceptionally simple setup yet multiple ways to complete. Tough, no frills, with substance. It also has a cool name. 
-------------------------------------------

(Mods, if you think this is redundant thread, feel free to give it boot)
[FHQ] Flycatcher

I was at the point of hating this mission when we finally beat it, I dont know how many times i participated and it seemed like there was only one outcome to it, certain death. But one magic coop night me and someone else (sorry I dont really remember Sad ) made it to the top of that hill and took out the plane, and the chopper coming for us and even managed to exfil.
IDK if this mission stuck is stuck in my memory for the number of tries and different approaches we had, or because of that really f**king great feeling when the plane was down which was only topped by the mission accomplished screed
Ok, my wish copy pasted from the other thread;

One mission I would like to revisit is Greenback Mountain. I know it uses Massi stuff but maybe Al can work some magic on that if he finds the time  [img alt=:Smile]http://ciahome.net/forum/Smileys/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]

And yeah Flycatcher. I played and died in that mission like a gazillion times and when it was finally beaten I wasn't there  >Sad
(01-24-2016, 05:10 PM)UnNamedGER link Wrote: [ -> ][FHQ] Flycatcher
...But one magic coop night
Magic, but with the help of Psycho revive Wink

(01-24-2016, 05:10 PM)UnNamedGER link Wrote: [ -> ]me and someone else (sorry I dont really remember Sad ) made it to the top of that hill and took out the plane, and the chopper coming for us and even managed to exfil.
Doveman, it was during BIS livestream of CiA coop night.
(01-24-2016, 06:14 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Doveman, it was during BIS livestream of CiA coop night.

It was? o.O did Matt record it ?

didn't we havbe psycho revive on the other runs as well ?
yeah, it was on the official Arma 3 twitch channel until it was purged. However, YOU recorded it Smile
No, the first time we completed it was the first time Varanon added Psycho revive for the occasion of the livestream.
oh okay, didn't remember that, well at least it kept doveman and me alive long enough ^^

i never noticed that that run of flycatcher was in there xD.
like I said, that I downloaded it was pure accident, that I didn't delete it laziness xD
co07_prince_of_persia_iii.altis.pbo is my pick, one of the best RV engine missions I ever played.
(01-24-2016, 05:14 PM)McGregor link Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, my wish copy pasted from the other thread;

One mission I would like to revisit is Greenback Mountain. I know it uses Massi stuff but maybe Al can work some magic on that if he finds the time  [img alt=:Smile]http://ciahome.net/forum/Smileys/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]

And yeah Flycatcher. I played and died in that mission like a gazillion times and when it was finally beaten I wasn't there  >Sad

I'll fix up Greenback Mountain to use CUP.

I'll add my wish here: All of Prince of Persia
(LOL Variable beat me to it)

Also: Kavala Lost, I think Varanon even updated it
(01-24-2016, 06:39 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]Also: Kavala Lost, I think Varanon even updated it
Due to Varanon's update, it's still marked for completion.
The Winter series by Stagwine is always good Smile although I can't make it to coop nights with school schedule Sad
With my lack of free time I may be here to play Throwback of Throwback Thursday someday. Though it's a nice idea, I probably didn't play many good missions still that were beaten on official nights.
Fuiba's Podagorsk campaign is also worth replaying.

Also, Hack'n'Blast (Was that actually finished ?)

Alwarren's Felis Infernalis is a mission I also never played which I would really like to.

There was also that mission where you had to extract a team from the top of that castle tower (Blackhawk and Apache, can't remember the name... was it by Etzu ?)

(01-25-2016, 01:27 PM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]There was also that mission where you had to extract a team from the top of that castle tower (Blackhawk and Apache, can't remember the name... was it by Etzu ?)

I think you are thinking of foehammer. Brilliant mission

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=359171417

(01-25-2016, 01:27 PM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]Fuiba's Podagorsk campaign is also worth replaying.
Definitely!

(01-25-2016, 01:27 PM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]Also, Hack'n'Blast (Was that actually finished ?)
Yeah, completed. Even though it's only for 5 players, it was one of the most awesome gaming experiences I had.
Pages: 1 2