Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Are you interested in beta testing my new campaign?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(02-03-2016, 02:45 PM)Lightspeed link Wrote: [ -> ]And the AN-2 from the small mod I dloaded did sit on the back wheel - not sure if author modified it somehow but def on all wheels.

As I said, non-PhysX.

Problem is that PhysX based planes have bad flight envelopes... need to test if that is still the case
(02-03-2016, 02:54 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]Geez, define "didn't seem to work". If you look closely, this is the exact same code I posted just compressed.

First of all, I'm sorry if I'm offending, I'm not a programmer I just do my best to make missions and rely on the experts like yourself when I get stuck. When I say it didn't seem to work - the SLA troops remained Caucasian.

In relation to AN-2, I'm just reporting that the back wheel was on the ground. It won't be used for flying - it is a mission objective to destroy a stationary AN-2.

(02-03-2016, 03:03 PM)Lightspeed link Wrote: [ -> ]In relation to AN-2, I'm just reporting that the back wheel was on the ground. It won't be used for flying - it is a mission objective to destroy a stationary AN-2.

Yeah, as I said, it's a PhysX issue.

When you place a PhysX enabled object, it will start simulating right away. With non-PhysX objects, they stay in this state until "touched"... you might remember that in Arma 2, you could put a helicopter on a water surface and it wouldn't die unless you bumped into it or shot at it, even with normal bullets.

I'll need to check if the flying with PhysX is still botched. If not, I can add PhysX to the plane and it should work. Note that if you just want it as a entity standing around, you will be able to rotate it into a correct position with Eden, which is HOPEFULLY out soon (well, RC is already out, so one or two weeks, I guess)
(02-03-2016, 03:03 PM)Lightspeed link Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, I'm sorry if I'm offending, I'm not a programmer I just do my best to make missions and rely on the experts like yourself when I get stuck. When I say it didn't seem to work - the SLA troops remained Caucasian.

Did you enable the showScriptErrors command line option?
Not sure. Will check tonite.
I tried tweaking a few things like changing heads to head, etc. To no avail.
so I tried with Show Scripterrors and none appeared.

I did do research on Random for Arma and I found this,  not sure if the change to code in A3 makes a difference:

_array = ["apples", "pears", "bananas", "M16"];
_random = _array select floor random count _array;
// or since Arma 3 v1.55.133393
_random = selectRandom _array;
out of interest, where you suggested CUP SLA or RACS - are you saying that the Leights Opfor units will be moved into the next CUP update, or that there are different CUP SLA and RAC units coming?

(02-04-2016, 01:16 PM)Lightspeed link Wrote: [ -> ]out of interest, where you suggested CUP SLA or RACS - are you saying that the Leights Opfor units will be moved into the next CUP update, or that there are different CUP SLA and RAC units coming?

No, the point being, we don't have Leight's opfor on the server and don't want to add more addons.
yep understood.
Are you going to leave Leight's in the campaign Lighty?
No, removing now. Will only have CUP and RHS Escalation dependencies.
Great, looking forward to trying it. I still have fond memories of your Arma 2 campaign on Lingor (some of them bleeding Big Grin )
;D
Be careful with mixing and matching RHS and CUP items since RHS has its own armor system.
I'll keep that in mind thanx.
Pages: 1 2 3