Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Missions based on real life factions and locations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm more into realistic setting as well, for the sake of better immersion. I don't need every little detail to be accurate, but real life locations, factions and equipment used in a fictional scenario that could happen in a given setting would be great. Arma3 vanilla stuff is too far into sci-fi in my opinion, and I'm not a big fan of its story. Arma2 was much better in this regard. Even though the country and factions involved were completely fictional, the story was almost prophetic when you think about what happened later in Ukraine. And using given units and equipment you could recreate the setting for Ukrainian conflict more or less accurately.
Back when I was working on my SP campaign for Unsung mod (Arma2), I did a lot of reading about Vietnam war, so that I could put my missions somewhere alongside the historic events. Unfortunately I lost it all with HD crash.
Having read some articles recently about ISIS cruelty, it definitely makes me want to shoot at them Sad
I have a mission coming up where you get to shoot at ISIS. WIP at the moment, almost finish (it'd be quicker to crank out if I didn't have school work). Hazara people vs ISIS. Guerilla mission. You'll have to hold them off while they try to kill off your people (since they're some of the ethnic minorities getting slaughter by them from what I read). You'll be low on munitions though.
Pages: 1 2