Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Loading CBA twice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(02-10-2016, 04:48 PM)Brad link Wrote:local/program86/steam/steamapps/common/arma3

Okay, that either means you have a very weird setup, or you mistyped the line above, because I don't think there should be a 0.9.8 in your steamapps, if at all it would be common/arma3/0.9.8
I think he accidentally copied the 0.9.8 folder into his steamApps folder when trying to setup task force (0.9.8 is the folder name with the Arma3/Teamspeak addons etc...)
(02-10-2016, 04:48 PM)Brad link Wrote:local/program86/steam/steamapps/common/arma3

Just in case: never, ever install mods in your steamapps\common\Arma 3\Addons folder! They will always load, no matter what command line you use.
Moreover, I'd advise against installing mods like  steamapps\common\Arma 3\@AddonX\Addons\...  It will just get messy. Dedicate another folder on your dive for that. (You might have done so, I don't know).
Yeah but if so, this specific 0.9.8 is never seen by Arma 3 since it isn't in its folder.
The 0.9.8 file I believe originated from task force, or team spk, when I moved mods over from laptop to new pc, I accidentally placed that file in there with the mods
The point I am trying to make is that if you have something in the parent folder of Arma 3, then it cannot be seen by Arma 3 and it hence cannot be your problem.

Unless, as I said, you mistyped the path in the post above.

Well nevermind, we'll see next time if the problem is solved or not.
My suspicion is that the wrong CBA_A3 was dragged from this 0.9.8 folder in armasync to the cia group... because as you say, the folder wasn't a sub folder of Arma3 and will not be seen unless something is telling arma of its presence (unless.... the path was mistyped here)...

Its a mystery
Please use a more descriptive title when posting new topics, and make sure to use the correct board.
Renaming and moving to the Technical Support board.
Pages: 1 2