Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CO17 Negades Virus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Latest mission here : )

17 players, have access to a Pawnee attack chopper and an AMV-7 marchall.... you should feel like you are in a tank! havnet gone over the top with AT or AA, but still be cautious,  you are not invincible!

Also, one player can collect the data access key, if he is killed, another player can collect it by using the scroll menu over the player.

Alpha : 4 man team
Bravo : 4 man recon team
Charlie : 4 man diver team
Delta : 2 man pilot/copilot
Echo : 3 man crew

Steam workshop link for single to 8 player version
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...earchtext=

Description:

We have shot down a To-199 Neophron that was transporting an important access key (The key should should be with the pilot near the wreck). This key will help us gain access to the CSAT network allowing us to gain access to important information.

We have also discovered a connection being established to the CSAT network from a laptop located in Negades.

We need you to move in to Negades and locate the laptop. It should be located within a building that has a CSAT flag attached (five possible buildings are located in Negades). Once discovered we need you to install a virus onto this system which will send us the secure data we need to gain unlimited access to their network.

Data comms will need to be disabled for our virus to install. You can disable data comms via the control room within the data comms facility. If you have the data key you can permanently disable the enemy’s data comms giving you enough time to move into Negades to locate the laptop and install the virus. This data key can be found at the location we shot down the To-199. Meet with our team at the dive point where we have dropped an SDV. If however, you fail to collect the data access key, your only option is to disable data comms without it, however a safety device is attached to the control room computer that will only allow data comms to be down for 15 seconds.

Things to note
- Watch out for car bombs in Negades, if you see a civilian watching a car, approach him cautiously. He may be armed.
- I would strongly suggest making sure you have GPS when trying to locate the data key... its dark down in the ocean!
- Do not attempt to plant the virus while data comms are active, this will alert the enemy who will investigate

....have a couple of recorded radio messages with my horrible voice lol... will be embarrassed when you all hear it... but guess i need to get use to that! (and will get better each time... i have a few criticisms about how i say it, but was the best i can do for now)
will attach pbo shortly
attached to OP
Uploaded. Please edit your post, you have one chunk doubled.
edited op (removed duplicate text)
Finally now the eden patch has sorted triggers running on client I have managed to adjust this mission based on feedback from last time played

Base is now closer
No car bombs
Added some furniture... just because
Big tidy up on description with hyperlinks

OP attachment updated
Vests for diver team near the dive point?
Psycho revive?
Yes, there are vests, guns and uniforms in the hunter provided for diving team, and is using the new psycho revive
Excellent, uploaded.
Good mission.  It seemed as though the data access key didn't work properly (we had it but it said the upload failed until we spammed the 15 second one at the data comms center) so might look into that.  Otherwise, everything went smoothly.  Might even be able to add a few more enemies.
Mission complete! Several comments:

1. No vests for divers in crates near the dive point.
2. Comanche is a bit of an overkill in this mission. Personally, I suggest getting the Pawnee back instead.
3. The officer - the briefing isn't really clear with regards to his position, "data comms center" makes it sound like the comm tower and for some others the Negades stronghold.
4. The data access thing didn't seem to work properly.
I wanted to write this in the debrief thread first but then realized it is better off here, since it isn't really about procedure or debrief but rather about the mission itself.

I like the concept of the mission, and the playthrough was good too, but there are a few points I'd like to raise.

First of all, I felt pretty redundant during the mission. The Gunship was doing all the work, and we mostly encountered dead bodies (including civilians). It also felt like the drive towards the objective was mostly meant to cover the waiting period for the divers to get back. Since there wasn't any thread on the way the whole detour of diving for the wreckage felt like it was redundant. The most exciting thing about it was the Hunter flipping over when trying to get up the hillside.

The feeling of redundancy was, of course, intensified by the failure of the comms tower thing.

I did like the part in town, that was the most entertaining stretch of the mission. That part could have been longer, in the end, the mission took 90 minutes.

Thanks... I was a bit worried about the Gunship and should have stuck with the Pawnee, although I suppose the gunship gunner should have been less trigger happy if he was killing civilians lol

I think this gunship probably eliminated a lot of the action that should have happened, Im guessing the T-100 wasnt much of an issue this time either.

...Im curious.... The diver who was holding the key... where did he go to block the comms? (was it the datacomms tower, or the laptop in Nagades

Things I am considering to change

1. Change gunship to Pawnee
2. Divers had vests and stuff available in the hunter they start next to... however it wont hurt(and would make sense) to add some at the dive point too
3. investigate and fix the key issue
4. add hyperlink to officer location when task is created
5. have a patrol come and investigate the town after a set time... (to keep you busy and on your toes)

Im a bit disappointed in the results... I hoped to leave you feeling stressed and a massive relief if you succeed, and think maybe, this would have been much better If I hadn't added the gunship.

Will bear all this in mind for my next mission : )
Keep in mind this was the impression of a single guy in 17. I might have had bad luck. The gunship is definitely too strobg, the tanks never even got close to us.
I will await more feedback before I change anything... but, I had a feeling the gunship was a bad idea... although Im sure they gunner had a blast lol

Pages: 1 2