Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Eden Update released, make sure to update your clients
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comrades and Guests,

The Eden update (1.56) has just been released, and as usual it is a pretty big one (1.8 gigabytes). Please make sure that for tonight's game, you have updated your clients.

Please do NOT update CBA yet.
Is anyone aware of any issues with the eden update that would cause music files to not play when running on dedicated server?  (all works local and LAN, but server plays no sound files since eden update, in a mission that has been edited in eden editor)

Just tried a mission on my dedicated server that has not been changed to the new eden editor and sound files do work... so its only the new eden missions that seem to be playing no sounds (music, alarm effect etc...)  can hear other sounds, gun shots, vehicles, ai speaking, its only the trigger effects it seems that are not playing on server (but do work local).

Just incase this helps others.... found this...

https://dev.arma3.com/known-issues

Code:
Triggers in multiplayer scenarios created in Eden Editor, may not trigger on clients

I think this could be my issue... however, I only want some sounds to only play for the client... example an alarm, or tense music when you enter an area.

I suppose until they fix this, I could create a loop that plays sounds based on global variables that are set on the trigger by the server

Treendy, please ease up on the post new reply and create new topic buttons. This is a forum, not a chat.