Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: PHT6 Eden Template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Check the functions list in Arma 3 and scroll to FHQ Task Tracker. There should be a function on make a task the active task.
(04-21-2016, 11:06 PM)Skarin link Wrote:EDIT: I was actually wondering how you can make a task appear AFTER you complete a previous one. For example in my mission you have to destroy a weapons cache then RTB. The task is complete when the weapon cache is destroyed. I mean it's not a big problem, as I can still have the RTB task active from the start but it'd make it a bit more dynamic to have it appear AFTER you complete the final task.

Use FHQ_fnc_ttSetTaskStateAndNext.

Assume you have tasks "assault", "secure" and "RTB". If the players just finished "assault", do this:

["assault", "succeeded", "secure", "RTB"] call FHQ_fnc_ttSetTaskStateAndNext;

It will set assault to succeeded, and chose the first open task from the "secure" and "RTB". So if "secure" is not already done (either succeeded, cancelled or failed", it will make "secure" the currently active task. Otherwise, "RTB" will become the new active task.
Thank you both for the tip. I will try this tomorrow. I've gotten most of the mission done, just need to make the tasks appear in the correct order, do what you guys said and add a briefing then play it through a couple times. It'll be a mission for about 12 people, and I'm considering adding a helo as CAS and possible evac for one four man fireteam, so max 13 players. Also I got the IEDs working thanks for the help. Can't remember what explosion is used in the end, but unfourtunantly the IED explosions dont work, it just spawns an IED which doesn't detonate so. I've also done my IEDs in a unique way. Basically they're all fairly obvious so long as you pay attention to the road, and they all have a spotter who 'detonates' the IED. Basically if you kill the spotter, what I consider a dead-mans-trigger activates and blows the IED upon his death meaning the threat is neutralized. Only way to disarm them.
There's a special kind of IED that can be detonated by script, IIRC. The others are indestructible, to prevent them from going off when they receive damage, but one of them does go off on damage. Don't know which it was, though.
Hey guys, I updated my template to include FHQ TaskTracker 4.0.

If you're using FHQ TaskTracker Eden Plugin, remove the first line in init.sqf that compile preprocessFileLineNumbers briefing.sqf and delete briefing.sqf from the scripts folder

[Image: 7vFh5nQ.png]
[Image: ygaBTxl.png]
Pages: 1 2