Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Message In A Bottle Panthera (@COOP 15)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"USAF have destroyed our transmission antenna and our communications to HQ have been cut off. In such a case, we are presumed KIA and they will not let Arnoldstein, a key location fall into American-German hands. They will employ the 'Scorched Earth' tactic by sending the Voyenno-Vozdushnye Sily Rossii (VVS) to bomb the place to the ground. They will hit us in 15 minutes and everything here will die, including us. We have to get a signal to them before that time is up.

Features:
- Dedicated server tested (Maybe)
- Group Respawn
- Psycho's Revive
- Island: Panthera
- FHQ Task Tracker

Requires:
- Community Based Addons - ARMAHOLIC[www.armaholic.com] | STEAM
- RHS AFRF - RHS[www.rhsmods.org]
- RHS USAF - RHS[www.rhsmods.org]
- CUP Units - CUP[cup-arma3.org] | STEAM
- CUP Weapons - CUP[cup-arma3.org] | STEAM
- CUP Vehicles - CUP[cup-arma3.org] | STEAM
- FHQ Weapons - FHQ[friedenhq.org] | STEAM
- FHQ Accessories - FHQ[friedenhq.org] | STEAM
- CUP Terrains - CUP[cup-arma3.org] | STEAM
- Panthera - ARMAHOLIC[www.armaholic.com]"

I have created my first ever mission using Phantom's template from the idea that I had previously.

It is using FHQ Task Tracker (Alwarren and Varanon will be proud) so I assume presuming Phantom's template and my mission skills are ok, it should/might work on multiplayer, but I haven't been able to ever test it in MP since I don't know how exactly. I have tested triggers in editor and they were coded fine and worked.

It might not work , in which case I apologise and will ask for some assistance.

Feedback and Tips are welcome as always.

Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=646933528

PBO IN OP AND STEAM WORKSHOP ARE AT SAME VERSION!
Great to see new authors making missions! Look forward to play!
(03-17-2016, 04:49 PM)Stagwine link Wrote: [ -> ]Great to see new authors making missions! Look forward to play!

Thanks Stag. Let's hope it works and plays nicely. I have tried to make it based on previous night's feedback such as clear objectives, descriptions, linked briefings, fhq TT etc.
Uploaded!
Be careful with mixing and matching CUP and RHS equipments since RHS armor has their own armor system so CUP launchers may not be able to destroy them.
(03-17-2016, 07:22 PM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]Be careful with mixing and matching CUP and RHS equipments since RHS armor has their own armor system so CUP launchers may not be able to destroy them.

Thanks, Alias has also told me that. I did give it some thought and fear not, this mission, the players do not take out any vehicles themselves. AT is not focus of the mission. If it's broken, I will change units as required.

The players have no CUP Launchers since they are RHS Russian Forces. Only 1 RHS Vehicle.

Will keep it in mind for future updates/missions.
(03-17-2016, 06:34 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Uploaded!

UPDATED PBO from OP because there were 16 playable slots when there should've been 15. Added GPS to Team leaders. Also renamed the soldiers to make more sense.
Can you please re-upload it.
(03-17-2016, 08:52 PM)Den link Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATED PBO from OP because there were 16 playable slots when there should've been 15. Added GPS to Team leaders. Also renamed the soldiers to make more sense.
Can you please re-upload it.
Please post missions for upload when you have finished working on them.
(03-17-2016, 09:00 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Please post missions for upload when you have finished working on them.

My mistake, didn't realise that unit got through. I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Made some updates to the mission.

V1.4

Fixed:
-Checked and improved trigger locations/placements.
-Fixed triggers and now should trigger correctly when deploying smoke on building rooftops.(Caused by a combination of trigger altitude and small radius on
Code:
count (position smokeTrigger4 nearObjects ["SmokeShellPurple",10])!=0
-Removed old radio messages.
-Player troops now have similar uniforms and have looted more smoke grenades.
-Fixed time elapsed hints order.
-Updated Briefing etc to give player a bit more information.

Added:
-Added 1 minute left hint.
-Russian troops have fortified target buildings for some cover and to make the target buildings easier to spot.

V1.5

Fixed:
-Fixed Teams display order to allow 'Lira Odin' first, 'Lira Dva' second and 'Lira Tri' third.
-Order of units in team 'Lira Dva' and 'Lira Tri'.

Added:
-More enemy infantry in Arnoldstein and inside some buildings.

**SPOILER**
-RHS Nuke will detonate nearby if timer runs out to symbolise VVS bombing!

Anything else that needs tweaked, changing, fixed etc?
I recommend this guide by Outlawz on how to test on a local dedicated server http://ciahome.net/forum/mission-making/.../#msg30353
(03-18-2016, 05:18 PM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend this guide by Outlawz on how to test on a local dedicated server http://ciahome.net/forum/mission-making/.../#msg30353

Thanks, Will give it a go.
(03-18-2016, 01:01 AM)Den link Wrote: [ -> ]Made some updates to the mission.

V1.4

Fixed:
-Checked and improved trigger locations/placements.
-Fixed triggers and now should trigger correctly when deploying smoke on building rooftops.(Caused by a combination of trigger altitude and small radius on
Code:
count (position smokeTrigger4 nearObjects ["SmokeShellPurple",10])!=0
-Removed old radio messages.
-Player troops now have similar uniforms and have looted more smoke grenades.
-Fixed time elapsed hints order.
-Updated Briefing etc to give player a bit more information.

Added:
-Added 1 minute left hint.
-Russian troops have fortified target buildings for some cover and to make the target buildings easier to spot.

V1.5

Fixed:
-Fixed Teams display order to allow 'Lira Odin' first, 'Lira Dva' second and 'Lira Tri' third.
-Order of units in team 'Lira Dva' and 'Lira Tri'.

Added:
-More enemy infantry in Arnoldstein and inside some buildings.

**SPOILER**
-RHS Nuke will detonate nearby if timer runs out to symbolise VVS bombing!

Anything else that needs tweaked, changing, fixed etc?

I have updated the mission. It should all work now. Check above quote for full changelog. I have used Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST) and have tested it on local dedicated server. All Tasks have been checked to ensure they work and trigger correctly. Success ending was checked and is working. I have also checked time expiry ending and it worked (and mission failed) correctly (Small 'lightshow' has been added to end if timer runs out).

I have updated pbo in op to correct naming convention and it is at the latest verion. The same updates were published earlier on Steam Workshop version.
Uploaded!