Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CO@11 CUP Kit Kat Boom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mission
- Kill Ali the Traitor. You have 1 minute to take him out before he finish arming the bomb and the mission is over.
- Destroy all of the fuel trucks.
- Secure Jilavur from incoming ISIS reinforcements.
- Await extraction from Doctor Holloway.

Situation
A man by the name of Ali had fled from the US to join ISIS. Apparently, he had become one of their hacker handyman after a university education and some self-teaching on the Internet. Apparently, Ali had hijacked a nuclear missile and plans to launch it into Western Europe. He was spotted in Jilavur inside a car arming the missiles over a remote control device. We had arrived at Jilavur with only 1 minute left on the clock to take out Ali. Unfortunately, our team are not military units. We are just researchers and anthropologists who just ran away from getting kill by ISIS and manage to steal a few weaponry.

After escaping from ISIS with their stolen vehicles and a distraction device thanks to Doctor Valentine, the research team manage to flee from ISIS pursuit with some extra vehicles and ammunication. We still don't have much ammo to deal with larger threats, but we'll have to make do with what we have.

Due to the turnouts of events and the lack of military presence near Jilavur, it is up to us to take out Ali as fast as possible or else Western Europe is doom to nuclear devastation. Military units are quickly approaching to Jilavur, but it will not be fast enough to take out Ali and the rest of ISIS.

Thanks to the brilliance of Doctor Valentine, we may be able to test out our new state of the art car bomb. We hate to have to be considered suicide bombers, but Kenny's going to have to take one for the team. Our experimental HKTY420 car bomb will be tested against Ali. We don't know whether this will work or not, but we only got 1 minute to make it happen. Kenny's job will be to drive into the gas truck and blow it all up, taking Ali down with them. Good thing Ali was not smart enough to keep away from the oil tankers while he is attempting to arm the bomb. Hopefully Kenny is still alive after this is all done. Supposively our experimental HKTY420 is able to withstand the force of its own explosion while protecting the driver inside of it. Unfortunately, we have to strap Kenny in and lock him in the vehicle with no way out until the car actually blows up. After that, Kenny should still be able to get out of the car which should still be intact for 30 seconds before causing a secondary explosion and then become scrap metal for good.

Let's hope this plan goes well and that our experimental HKTY420 works. We'll become heroes and be remember if this whole plan works out.

Good luck Kenny. You're going to need it...

- Requires CUP
I actually was lucky at some point to not fly in the air. Sometimes you may fly in the sky. I added a parachute just in case now anyways.

Is the QRF reasonable or should I delay it for some more time?
(03-28-2016, 04:40 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]Is the QRF reasonable or should I delay it for some more time?
I think it was fine the way it was. I really look forward to playing this mission again.
Mission updated. Removed psycho revive sidechat messages.
I'm not going to remove the BRDM (that'd kill the mission for me since this is one of those missions...). It seems that you guys manage to take out all of the technicals. There is only 1 BRDM. There are 4 trucks and 6 soft armed vehicles. It seems that you guys manage to take out all of the offroads. I'm wondering if the QRF came a bit too fast for you guys to setup? I'm also wondering whether you guys are aware that there are 2 ammobox in the middle of the base containing a PKM, 2 RPKs, some AKs and stuff. 2 RPG-7s (8 PG7Vs and 4 OG-7s), 1 RPG-18 (1 rocket).

The one dragonuv is found on a dead sniper's body and there's a few bodies around with more PKMs, RPKs, and a few RPGs.

Anyways, it takes the QRF 5 minutes to arrive.

2 ammoboxes are found in the military base. 1 in Jilavur inside the house... I think I should explicitly mark them this time with "Scouts reported..." or some kind of intel indicating that there are hidden ammo storage. I might as well put in a Dshkm tripod bags in some of the ammo crates and an SPG bag to make up for the land rovers and jeeps with guns that I intend for you guys to get at first (that blew up in the process).

Anyways, you guys manage to take out some of the more dangerous vehicles (except BRDM), but die in the process. I refuse to tone down the enemy count anymore than I have already. I am willing to give you more guns and explicitly mark where the weapons are in this mission. Would you like to increase the QRF arrival time as well?
Mission Updated
- Added SVD in one of the ammo crate
- Added SPG-9 and Dshkm in one of the ammo crates
- Added more details to briefing
- Delayed reinforcements approach time from 5 minutes to 7 minutes
- Kenny invincible for 30 seconds after blowing up Hello Kitty car. It'll wear off on the secondary explosion so make it count.
- Note the briefing now shows where the ammo crate are, the composition of the enemy forces and where they come from, suggestions that you do have a few other vehicles at the spawn besides the Hello Kitty car (in case you want to place static emplacements higher up the hill instead).