Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: All Alone (COOP 14 plus optional Zeus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Situation:
Thirsk Island in the Baltic Sea is currently occupied by the British after a long and prosperous occupation
by Russia. The strategic position of the island is too important to be left to NATO. Therefore, Russian high command
has decided to take it back.

The current commander of the British forces is Lt. Colonel Sanders. He is an important figure and brilliant
strategist. Which is why we want to see him dead. Two teams are secretly inserted into the AO by the cover
of night. Team Alex consists of six Spetsnaz operators, while Team Boris is an eight man VDV Airborne
strike team. Alex' task is to kill Lt. Colonel Sanders, while Boris attacks the airfield in a feint attack
to draw off forces from the Colonel's personal security detachment.

Due to the presence of highly sophisticated detection equipment on Thirsk' radio tower, the Spetsnaz team must not use their radios, neither long nor short range, or they risk premature detection. To coordinate between the teams, flare signals must be used instead.

Zeus is available but optional, the mission will work with 14 players and no Zeus.
Brilliant idea.Look forward to play!
Fantastic mission!

It is good as it is, but I would suggest following minor changes:

- Disable group / side respawn. If you die, tough. Spetznaz / VDV operators can handle it. People grp-respawning to Boris AI is a giveaway.
- Fail mission if Anton is completely dead. While it could be doable with team B alone, it would likely be very long mission, and lots of downtime. If A is wiped out, pull the plug. A learns to stay silent next time.
- Indicate in briefing section 'Communication' that B can safely TRANSMIT in LR. A can LISTEN. They just cannot RESPOND. This is probably most critical aspect of a mission. For a player with normal intellect this is probably crystal clear, but some individuals (like me) need certain things spelled out for them.
- Add few virtual spectator slots. They are useful in case dead cam is messed up.

I can't wait to play this again.
Good points, although the mission should already have spectator slots Smile
maybe mark the grenadier in the slotting screen, yesterday one of 3 speznatz recon guys was told to switch to the other team for balance and it happened to be the guy with the flares.

I really loved the mission even though we got slaughtered
Updated on the server:
- Mission fails when Spetsnaz are dead
- Briefing links corrected
- Briefing mentions LR restrictions.