Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: FHQ CombatMode - Allow or prevent friendly AI from entering combat mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comrades,

I've made a small addon that will allow you to set a hotkey that, when pressed, will preventing the AI from entering combat mode. This is useful in single player scenarios since it gives you more control over the AI. It might also be useful in MP to prevent AI group members from going haywire.

It needs CBA. Keys can be programmed from CBA's Configure menu. Three keys are available, Toggle, On and Off. On allows combat mode, Off prevents combat mode, and Toggle toggles between the two states.

Have fun!
Nice one Varanon, this looks very useful even though I didn't realise I needed it until you created it
The days of enlightment have finally come!
Varanon, if I toggle it off, and order my AI into combat, I will be able to turn it back off for them by ordering them "Stay Alert"?
(05-17-2016, 07:09 AM)Variable link Wrote:The days of enlightment have finally come!
Varanon, if I toggle it off, and order my AI into combat, I will be able to turn it back off for them by ordering them "Stay Alert"?

Yes, if you toggle it off, they will not automatically determine combat mode anymore, so you can have them enter and exit combat mode by simply ordering them
(05-17-2016, 12:42 PM)Varanon link Wrote:Yes, if you toggle it off, they will not automatically determine combat mode anymore, so you can have them enter and exit combat mode by simply ordering them
You are my hero. That means back to SP for me.
Many thanks Varanon. Haven't tried it yet but As Variable said, back to some SP ;D 
Also available on the workshop now: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=686469457
Random question based on a little experiment I was just doing, but would it be possible to add a Zeus module that does this. A pair of modules you drag and drop onto the group leader to switch auto combat mode on or off. It could be really useful for Zeus missions.
Yeah, should be doable

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

First post updated with new version
  • Added an additional key to force the group out of combat mode and recall soldiers into formation. This is mainly useful for when you are not the team leader 
  • Renamed the descriptions of the keys to make the actual function clearer