Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Gods Work co08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
updated
Extract our mole in Thirsk. Alias's thunder script, no nvg's, gun lights, flares and thirsk snow storm
Uploaded! Thanks.
I marked the wrong start position on this, you start next to ship wreck on the west of map
  I like the overall ambiance of the mission, but I would lower the volume of the wind and take out the lightening completely. It's very strange to have the lightning and thunder in a snow storm.

Also if the team is supposed to be SBS I would use the British osprey vest from CUP or use the British vest from vanilla Arma III, it was kind of weird seeing US flags instead of Union jacks on the troops. Also rather than a shemag I'd use ski mask for arctic or winter weather.
Good mission, even though we didn't make it yet. A few remarks:

- I think the weather is weird, snow with thunder...?
- Loadout is weird for an SBS team... why not use the L85 ?
- Uniforms are also a bit weird, and I would use Osprey vests (just IMO)
- CSAT was a... well.. surprise...
- IMO there were too many enemies. 200+ is a bit too much.

Overall, though, I liked the mission, good atmosphere.
Have to say, I liked it a lot. Same reservations like Alwarren's, but really good!
The atmosphere in this mission is great. Looking forward to playing it again.

I second the suggestions in the other posts, weather and loadout is a bit strange. But again, great mission Smile
I join the echo. I share Alwarrens feedback, but really loved the atmosphere! Thanks Brad.
I liked the mission, reminded me of OFP, in a good way. I'd add to the loadout remarks that SBS operators wearing jeans is also something that I'd suggest to reconsider. Also, please reupload the mission without briefingName (see instructions on posting missions on the sticky topic on the mission release board).
I like the mission. The atmosphere is great. Though I have to agree the combination of CSAT on Thirsk and the player loadout is to me a bit out of place. Thanks for the scenario! Definitely looking forward to more of your missions!
Thanks for the feedback, noted on the points raised. I will also be implementing Enemy slots for JIP players. Footage uploading will post on debrief in 5.

edit

Snow and thunder, looks so nice, and in this day and age, maybe not so rare/impossible. just think what it could be like in 2035 Smile
(06-20-2016, 10:05 AM)Brad link Wrote:I will also be implementing Enemy slots for JIP players.
Better yet, add multiple zeus slots (and please don't count those in the mission's title slot number).

(06-20-2016, 10:05 AM)Brad link Wrote:Footage uploading will post on debrief in 5.
I moved your post to the correct thread.

One more thing, only a minor one, but what the heck blows up that mission to 17 MB ? It's the second largest mission I've ever seen (the biggest one was an Arma 2 mission that had 50 MB).
Start from switching all audio tracks from Stereo to mono, that alone can reduce the size significantly.
The size is large due too the benedict monks song at the church alongside the Alias's thunder script, both around 7mb. All ogg files are converted to mono.
Pages: 1 2