Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CO@13 Lost In Fallujah
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Summary:

Local militia within the city have attacked Alpha and Bravo squads, as a result both teams have split and been lost within the vast city of Fallujah. Rescue team has been dispatched (Charlie and Delta) south of the city, consisting of 2 armed and 2 transport Humvees. We also have eyes in the sky to help direct us to the locations of both teams as the city is a maze. Find our brothers and bring them back to base alive!

Terrain: Fallujah
Filename: co@18_lost_in_fallujah.fallujah.pbo & co@13_lost_in_fallujah.fallujah.pbo
Mods: CUP_Terrain/Units/Weapons/Vehicles
Note: Randomly generated locations for replay-ability (think Lost Squad on wheels)
Sounds great (but do we have Fallujah?). I recommend to replace all RPG rockets with the regular and rather weak warheads to increase survivability.
Also, is there Zeus? If so, can you add multiple co-Zeus slots? (See relevant discussion on Discord).
Reduced player count to 18 (plus zeus).
Nice mission Etzu, I think it's got awesome potential, some of it not fulfilled.
  • First, we weren't engaged at all. If you could make the enemy a lot more aggressive it will be great.
  • Maybe even make them use flares? If so I'd recommend them using different colors than the rescued teams flares.
  • I'd also recommend to add some NVGs and maps in the vehicles, that way a team that gets rescued can be effective in fighting.
  • Strongo spotted an AI team spawned in mid air, they fell to their death. Maybe change to FFV vehicles? Will add spice.
  • Some thought it might be good to add an option to play at daylight, I'm not sure about that though...
Looks like a great mission, looking forward to playing it again Smile
Nice one, really.
I enjoy rescue missions and this one was quite good. Flying was a lot of fun and guiding the rescue ground teams to the stranded bunch is a great idea.
I liked the setup and the mission!  Personally I liked night time, but how about a full moonlight so with and without NVGs would be viable. Also briefing name said mission was co@20, even if it is for 18. Otherwise, loved it!
good one!
  • some acting on the mission start would be nice, for example: the lost squads start at crash site, burning chopper or vehicle and enemy already incoming. so they have to search some cover and hold out until rescue squad arrive.
With a few tweaks it can be a great mission.  Need to find the right balance between the players being able to hide from the enemy and not being engaged at all.  Perhaps set it where the AI have a search radius around the lost squad, but once contact has been made the other enemy squads now get a tighter search radius.  A suggestion for the enemy being blind at night would be to have some script spawned mortar flares created around the city.
Mission updated, corrected all the spawning issues and enemy waypoints on spawn.
Made a variant of 13+Zeus player. Added to server and mission list.
Updated 02/28/2017:

Added 2 tripwire explosives to lost squad
Slightly increased the timer to first EI encouter
Nice! Looking forward to hear some explosions.