Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CO@09 CUP Rumayal Night Reinforcement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mission
Assist the Afghan ground forces at Rumayal against the final wave of ISIS forces.

Situation
3 hours after Afghan military seized Rumayal, ISIS are mounting a last ditch counterattack to retake Rumayal. They know they are done for if they fail to secure Rumayal. ISIS will be surrounded from two sides and will have nowhere to run. They are amassing their last desparate effort to retake Rumayal.

ISIS have sent everything from their hideouts including their stolen western and eastern weaponry. They will be arriving from the north.

Afghan reinforcements have arrived from the south and shall be assisting the Afghan defenders in Rumayal.

Execution
Afghan armor reinforcements have arrived in the south. Afghan armor forces shall be heading north towards Rumayal to assist Afghan ground defenders there. The armored reinforcements consist of 6 T-72s, 3 T-55s, and 3 BMP-2s.

ISIS is sending everything they got with stolen western and eastern vehicles from technicals, humvees, to even American MBTs.

ISIS is also sending 3 Shilkas toward Rumayal. It is recommended that you take them out before you call in the attack chopper reinforcements. One of our attack chopper had returned to base to refuel and rearm. It will arrive with an additional chopper so we'll have 2 attack choppers to assist with the defense.

Equipments
An ammobox is positioned in Rumayal to be use to rearm your tanks. There are additional ammo and equipments in them as well.

A medical land rover is also presented in the area for first aid and a repair Ural is presented for repairs.

Callsign
You are T-72 team codename Eagle, Falcon, Hawk.

Radio 0-0-1 to call in the attack chopper reinforcements.

Required Addons:
CUP Terrain Pack
CUP Weapons
CUP Units
CUP Vehicles
FATA
Afghan Village

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=734186953
Sounds good as always. Looking forward to it.
Tried the mission, and we were surprised we didn't all get slaughtered like bitches Smile

I think the AI tanks slaughtered everyone before they even had a chance to reinforce. The mission ended after only eight or so minutes. What might have happened is that the first wave got slaughtered before the second one even reached us.
Damn. I shouldn't have taken out the 4-5 extra enemy MBTs then. I got wrecked during first testing and then deleted about 4 MBTs and then it became a toss up luck shot (sometimes your team wreck them, sometimes the enemy team wreck you, depending on which AI wanted to be more retarded on my testing :o )
We were mostly unsure if it is supposed to be a snack mission and if it was working as intended, or is there supposed to be 2nd wave or additional tasks after initial objective is complete.

We have already 3 MBTs. When crewed by CiA truckers that packs a ton of beautiful firepower. Perhaps just a notch less AI reinforcements ? In any case I am curious to try again!
It was actually a snack mission kind of recycled from the CO@18 Rumayal Night Defense, but instead played as the reinforcement point of view.

Maybe I shouldn't have snack it down too much and remove one squad of AI reinforcements?
Definitely, it seems like the AI support can finish the mission on their on. Also, it seems to me that it will be too short without another wave of enemy attack. Maybe add another wave of enemy attack? Maybe delay the enemy attack to a later stage and allow the players to take positions in the town before engaging? Maybe both?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How many friendly AI tanks were still standing alive? :o
Updated mission
- Added second wave.
(08-14-2016, 08:56 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]How many friendly AI tanks were still standing alive? :o

Two of three
Ok, I hope I don't end up murdering everyone with the reinforcements then :o (added in right before bedtime) . Hopefully, there's enough friendly infantry around to be cannon fodders.