Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Cash and Carry (COOP 10)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Situation:

The Talon Cartel, a suborganization of the Syndikat, has a meeting with their leader at a gas station on the outskirts of town. It is hoped that with the man dead the cartel will plunge itself into chaos when his seconds-in-command fight each other for the leadership, making things a lot easier for the Gendarmerie.

You team is inserted near the gas station, you are to go in, kill the target and get out. Sounds easy, eh? Or does it?
My guess is that it will be easy, I have no reason to suspect you!
(08-06-2016, 06:58 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]My guess is that it will be easy, I have no reason to suspect you!

innocent whistle
Updated on the server:
- Tweaked: Initialization order of variable to safeguard against premature start of extraction chopper

I am actually contemplating moving the insertion point to the other side of the road. Any opinions?
I think both sides will work but the range should be such that taking off with the Darter from the insertion point won't lead to counter detection.
Infantrywise it is fine as it is. Getting to planned overwatch (hill) is no problem with a bit of backtracking and smart pathfinding.

If UAV is needed, then the start has to be relocated to some distance. Or put UAV to air few kms away. Player doesnt have to assemble it, but just to maneuver it to station.
(08-08-2016, 11:40 AM)Stagwine link Wrote: [ -> ]If UAV is needed, then the start has to be relocated to some distance. Or put UAV to air few kms away. Player doesnt have to assemble it, but just to maneuver it to station.

Interesting idea, I could try to make it a predator drone at high altitude... I wonder if you can stop the players from using the flight controls and just have access to the turret camera... hmm...
Yes, you can. Set the UAV to autonomous, set waypoint over the target, select high altitude, set waypoint type to loiter, take control over the EOD, observe target while the UAV circles the target in high altitude.
Edit: you can also lock the line of sight into a point in the ground or a moving enemy unit, and open your personal Video Feed to view it even while not handling the UAV.
Tried the mission again on the server, this time it seems to work reliable (another lesson learned -_-)

I also tried to get the UAV in position, they did not notice it so I guess the problem was that they spotted Bravo
I think there was a command for enabling only the turret control of a UAV... the Apex campaign had that, too