Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Engel (COOP 10)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: A73F84BC65F7EE74767AF9AB46E1A9E516508F54]

"CTRG Forces must rescue the local Hacker and eliminate the enemy Sniper Teams."

"By having control of Vagalala Mountain mountain, CSAT has been able to distrupt any and all trades happening from the Vagalala and Tanouka using powerful sniper rifles from the hill top. There have even been reports of CSAT Operatives parachuting from the hill towards the nearby villages.

An unrelated situation, one of the local Hackers which provided NATO with intelligence on Tanoa was sloppy with covering his tracks. CSAT were able to easily track and capture him. NATO Intel suggests he is still alive and held close to Vagalala mountain.

Both situations are 'Bad Business' for NATO and CTRG.

CTRG Special Forces must rescue the local Hacker and eliminate the enemy Sniper Teams.

Features:
- Vanilla Apex Mission
- Virtual Spectators
- Dedicated server tested
- Group Respawn
- Psycho's Revive
- Island: Tanoa
- FHQ Task Tracker

Requires:
- Apex Expansion.
- Community Based Addons - ARMAHOLIC[www.armaholic.com] | STEAM
CBA is used in Psycho's revive script but otherwise, mission is vanilla."

Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=742672635

V1.0 PBO (Over 2MB) (co10_engel.tanoa.pbo): https://mega.nz/#!xdVDEbSC!PaUSoI7KtXgDi...CRmjtngyRU

Players are CTRG Spec Ops. Enemies are CSAT.

Please let me know of any bugs (It was OK on my TADST but its not always same on COOP server) or balancing issues such as too many enemy units, or other possible improvements.
Uploaded!
May I ask, why call the mission "Engel" ? You know that it's "Angel" in German ?
(08-14-2016, 12:27 AM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]May I ask, why call the mission "Engel" ? You know that it's "Angel" in German ?

Yep I know that, it's from the Rammstein song whom I am fan of. Was trying to make the name catchier/click bait.

If ending
works as intended, it makes some sense.

No insult or anything like that intended.
Hehe, no, wasn't insulted, just wondering if you knew or if it was just coincidence

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

(08-14-2016, 10:18 AM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]Hehe, no, wasn't insulted, just wondering if you knew or if it was just coincidence

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

No problem! Thanks for the heads up.

This time I knew what it meant. Just sounded/looked cooler as a name than 'Angel'.
(08-14-2016, 01:04 AM)Den link Wrote: [ -> ]If ending
works as intended, it makes some sense.

How did you do that? Scripted? Because
(08-14-2016, 02:36 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]How did you do that? Scripted? Because
Code:
player1 addAction ["<t color='#FF0000'>Open Parachute</t>", {player1 action ["openParachute"]}];
If it doesn't work on live server, players can always just walk down the mountain and it's still a success. Players are not forced to take the fast route down though I thought it could be memorable.
No idea, it is a mighty short time to open it... We'll have to try I guess...
Too bad, I had the same idea as you but for insertion Smile
(08-14-2016, 05:13 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]No idea, it is a mighty short time to open it... We'll have to try I guess...
Too bad, I had the same idea as you but for insertion

Well in any case I've already thought of an RP excuse in-case one of our team mates takes a bite out of the ground. "Damn CSAT sabotaged our 'chutes." ¯\_(?)_/¯

If it works, feel free to use that place in your mission. An insertion would be great too.
If that works I'm sure we'll all enjoy many missions that use cliff parachuting.
(08-14-2016, 09:14 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]If that works I'm sure we'll all enjoy many missions that use cliff parachuting.

Lets hope so.  ;D . Parachuting in Arma is always fun.

Now that the mission has been hyped up, hope it doesn't disappoint.