Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: [SP/COOP 05] PURPLE NIGHT (Stealth mission)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: pnight_title.jpg]
So i decided to release this stealth mission to this long respected community.
Some of you have played it before, but still i can't wait for your response.
I have used a lot of time to make it a good, atmospheric mission, but still it is also and experiment on how to use stealth in arma. 

Mission updated to V1.2. 

Description:
This is a very atmospheric stealth mission with a tweaked detection system. 
It is possible to finish it without engaging the enemy, and without beeing detected. 
It is also possible to take out enemies without noticing the others, but since it's Arma; close-up-kills are out of the picture. If you are noticed or seen, the enemy will react thereafter and the mission will change and get a lot more difficult. The mission have some randomness, so each playthrough will be a bit different. 
The mission have NO respawn. Just to add some nerve. The nerve is important here. 
The AI is tweaked so they act like normal human beings, and not elite god-like soldiers that will pop you from 1 km away. Neither you or the AI have nightvision. 

Approximate time to finish the mission: 1 hour. (Depends on how sneaky you are) 

No mods required. 

Briefing: 
One of our most hi-tech intelligence-gathering drone is captured by insurgency forces. The UAV probably had a malfunction. 
The plane is supposed to have a failsafe back-up system that automatically steers it back to base, but for some reason it went down and crashed. 
Now some of our most successful and useful surveillance technology is in the wrong hands. 
You are tasked to locate and destroy the drone wreckage before the insurgents can pull any information from it. 

Credits: 
FHQ Task Tracker 
HallyG for ProgressBar example 

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=605510545

Download:
[attachment=609]

Known bugs:
- The mission is spamming the rpt-log from time to time. It will be fixed. 
- The stealth system is based on the AI. I've analyzed their behaviour and scripted the progress bar response for the player. Some scripts are firing based on different behaviours. It's a lot of things possible here in the future, but its fps demanding. Strange AI behaviour  may, in some rare cases occur. 

Changelog: 

V1.2:
Crushed some bugs and optimized scripts. 
Tweaked the progress bar
Added BIS spectator on death. Works better than the other spectator script.

V1.1: 
Updated for Arma 3 V1.60 (visual upgrade). 
Added: virtual arsenal for more loadout customization. 
Added: Reconnaissance positions. You can provide overwatch while the rest of your team search around the town. 
Removed: the ammobox at the church is removed. The benefits from the virtual arsenal overrides the need for the ammo box. 
Tweaked: escape checkpoint. 

Updates that may come in the future: 
- More fancy escape. 
- Difficulty chooser (with a menu) 
- Even more sophisticated detection system. 
- More random events. 

I want to know what you like, and what you don't like about this stealth mission. 
Please leave a comment below!
This sounds great, any chance of attaching the pbo to the OP so I can download it?

You may want to read this when you name your pbo for CiA (unless they have already uploaded it):
http://cia.friedenhq.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=3189
Yes, I will attach the pbo as soon as possible.
Welcome aboard Nanomien, glad to see you posted this great mission in our forums!
I will update it on the server once you attach the pbo. 
I'm especially glad to hear you are working on a new one Smile
Likewise, I loved this mission and would really like to play it again!
Thank you, guys! pbo is now attached Smile
It's a little embarrassing to ask this, because I feel like im attention whoring. 
I always has wondered about this: When does stars in workshop items show up? I got 24 votes on this mission, but still nothing.

Maybe you guys have some answers at one of my big questions in life   Smile
Normally around 24, I have just rated up ... im going to assume i will like it : P   so you should have 25

Maybe it doesnt show the stars right away

**Edit: You have stars : )
Stars start to show up at 25, and the number is a function of total visitors vs. visitors that voted I think. The number of votes you get are usually only a tiny fraction of visitors. For example, CUP addons usually have around 500k subscribers each, and only 1000 votes.
Wow. That's nice of you, treendy! 

Alwarren. I can't imagine how much time the CUP modders have put in their work, and the community is just using it as the creators have just pushed a magic button to make it.
(11-09-2016, 06:20 PM)Nanomien Wrote: [ -> ]Alwarren. I can't imagine how much time the CUP modders have put in their work, and the community is just using it as the creators have just pushed a magic button to make it.

I can't either LOL... or rather, I don't want to think too hard about how many hours we have sunk into it.
Mission updated on the server. Nanomien, please have mission file letters all lower case (also island name).
(11-17-2016, 08:22 PM)Variable Wrote: [ -> ]Mission updated on the server. Nanomien, please have mission file letters all lower case (also island name).

Copy that!
I had to update the mission. Some players made me aware of a bug that prevented you to pick up the briefcase.
Thanks Nanomien, mission is updated on the server.