Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: co@14_extraction on stratis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hiho,
today i finished my new mission called  co14_extraction

[Image: O7qTCW1.jpg]

It's a completely different mission which push your Arma experience up to the next level  Smile

>>> Mission Workshop Link <<<

Only CUP Weapons pack needed.
Workshop:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=757482134

changelog
v5

improved teleporting script and tested it couple of times, works fine!
v4
fixed mission crash on loadscreen
v3
fixed mission crash on loadscreen, please dont use the FREE CAM on spectator
v2
added 2x JIP checkpoints, fixed some glitches, fixed auto halo animation, added the @

greets
rue

PS: next epsiode already in planning
Thanks RueLight, uploaded. Note that missions that contain addons needs to come with an @ after the 'co'. Can you please post the mission file? See here for mission posting guidelines.
updated, see OP.
Uploaded! Thanks.
I made a short preview of my mission

updated mission, see OP
Latest version uploaded. -Stag
hiho,

i need some help... since last A3 update the mission "extraction" (cup weapons, cba) and "pirate lane" (vanilla) dont run on dedicated server any more. changed lot of stuff to get it running (step by step) but nothing works...

hosted dedicated server by myself to get the RPT files. attached the TXTs to the reply.

in extraction already tryed:
- deactivated/deleted scripts
- deleted briefing
- checked arma3 files via steam
- changed respawn to group
- cleared init.sqf
- binarized mission and saved it back to normal
- deleted CfgIdentities

What happens?

Mission crashes/frezzes in loading screen, no error shown. i think directly before the map comes up. in pirate lane too, but this is completly vanilla what makes me crazy as hell...
i think there is some problem with any item, vehicle or unit. but i realy dont know...

Can somebody help me?

greets
Geez, that's a tough one.

So init.sqf is empty but it still crashes, that would have been my first idea...

Second idea that comes up is that some asset on the map is not working correctly. Do you have anything in terms of CfgFunctions ? Those are executed directly before and after mission init.

Finally, I would check the init fields and triggers for anything suspicious...

Sorry, probably not much help, but I can't really imagine why this would happen.

I do remember that once, we tried a mission of yours that had an intro, and on first try, it crashed the server... if you run that intro from a trigger, you might want to check that
tryed more:
- deleted all sync triggers
- open all triggers and saved again (no errors shown)
- deleted init.sqf, init.sqs, description.ext

stills crashes... do i have perhaps to many items? pirate lane have lot of stuff in buildings and extraction lot of more  :/

i execute my intros with the "init.sqs" always
Something like this I would be tempted to copy my mission folder and open the copy in arma, then delete things (objects, scripst and code) chunk by chunk until the mission doesn't crash, then add the last thing you deleted back (run and hope that it crashes again) and focus on that... Then once you figure out what is causing the crash, fix it in your main folder.
(09-30-2016, 09:22 PM)RueLight Wrote: [ -> ]tryed more:
- deleted all sync triggers
- open all triggers and saved again (no errors shown)
- deleted init.sqf, init.sqs, description.ext

stills crashes... do i have perhaps to many items? pirate lane have lot of stuff in buildings and extraction lot of more  :/

i execute my intros with the "init.sqs" always

There's not a lot that can really make Arma crash in terms of stuff that you can throw at it... does the mission use modded assets ? CUP, RHS ? Are all mods loaded ? Some mods do not correctly leave a "footprint" in the mission, so you can load them without noticing that they aren't there

Edit: Right, you said vanilla -_-
(10-01-2016, 11:54 AM)treendy Wrote: [ -> ]Something like this I would be tempted to copy my mission folder and open the copy in arma, then delete things (objects, scripst and code) chunk by chunk until the mission doesn't crash, then add the last thing you deleted back (run and hope that it crashes again) and focus on that... Then once you figure out what is causing the crash, fix it in your main folder.

Yeah, that was my thinking as well, especially in regards to modded stuff.

We once had a bug in a prerelease version of CUP that would crash the machine because simply a model was missing, so if you used a specific helicopter, it would crash.
Did you verify your Arma's game cache and integrity ? Maybe some damaged file
I found the problem...

i used   dostop this; this setBehaviour "safe"   in the init line of every playable unit and this crashes everything! unbelievable...

uploaded an update. it runs on my dedicated server, hope in CIA too now.

ty BIS

greets