Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Altis Regain 2 (COOP 12)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fully randomly generated mission with parameter settings, ground team with optional wipeout

Steam link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=797004485

Most of my time recently has been on building this mission, hope to get back into playing soon! it has all the random elements of Altis Regain (and Synergy) but has a lot of additional features listed below

Teams
6 player silent recon team
5 player fireteam
1 pilot (wipeout/transport or both)

There is an option in the parameter settings to have an insertion and extraction AI chopper, and an option to allow the wipeout.  Allowing the wipeout will upgrade the enemy vehicle threats from 50. cal cars to random Tanks/Ifrits etc... If you dont change this to "true" then there will be no wipeout at base and if you have a pilot, he will only be used for transport, however, this will then give you access to artillery support.

Main adjustments:
1. Enemy number is less, however, they react if you are spotted, sending out a vehicle to investigate your position and a local patrol (works fine with ASR running too)
2. They may call in for reinforcements (helicopter flys in and drops a team or two off to find you)
3. Enemy patrols now have a mixture of unit types (teamleader, grenadiers, medics etc...)
4. Enemy chopper may be stationed in the AO, if you are spotted, two pilots will run to this chopper and fly off to check your last known position, then will fly back and land once they are done.

Have tested this many times on my dedicated server, and havent had any bugs reported since uploading it to Steam

QUESTION before i upload PBO:
- Does anything need to be adjusted in a vanilla mission to work with ACE?

Thanks treendy! Does this replace any of your previous missions?
I noticed in the video that there's a BIS supply drop module. Does it really work? I remember it was bugged in a way that multiple chutes were spawned, according to the number of connected players.

Regarding Ace: not unless you want to add specific ACE features.
Hey Variable, thanks for getting back.

This mission doesn't replace any of my previous missions.

Also, the supply drop works fine, although, Its not shown in the video?

I will update the PBO later this evening after work.
(11-16-2016, 11:36 AM)treendy Wrote: [ -> ]Also, the supply drop works fine, although, Its not shown in the video?
The support option icon is shown on the top left hand side of the screen.
ah, thought i was going crazy.

Yes has been working fine for me, infact, I haven't ever seen the issue you mentioned above, unless its a new bug BI bug.

Pbo has now been uploaded
It's an old issue, I suppose they have fixed it a long time ago, it's just that we didn't try it since.
I'll upload the mission later on today.