Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: The Great Escape (CO08)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mission Summary:

[Image: 70p6ybtddzg5m566g.jpg]

The leading Russian scientist on an new, experimental coastal defense program has been captured and is being held on the Northern USMC Air Base on Tanoa. This weapons program is experimental, but the Kremlin has expectations for it to be deployed across Eastern Europe as tensions are high with NATO. We cannot let this information fall into the hands of our enemies, rescuing the scientist is of the upmost importance.

There's an enemy helicopter transport scheduled to pickup the Russian scientist shortly. We are to ambush the transport, rescue the scientist and exit the area before the Americans know what hit them.

Terrain: Tanoa
Mods: CUP Units, Weapons and Vehicles
Filename: co@08_the_great_escape.tanoa
Additional Note: Zeus Optional (co08 + 1)
Sounds great!
Just to make sure, the file name that is on the server does have a .pbo extension?
Of course, by default it should (otherwise it couldn't be tested). If it does not, it was modified on the server.
Ran into some problems:
- The "Secure" task for the scientist did not tick. 
- He joined our group but did not move
- BM-21's are very far away and hence are very inprecise. They missed every shot I think.
- After we destroyed the AA, using the radio trigger for the chopper did nothing.

Other than that, a very fun mission.
Loved it!
Regarding the Grad's fire missions, they were infinite. Was that in purpose? If yes then no problem with their accuracy, if no then maybe switch to LGB rounds? Or GBU, the one that works...
(01-05-2017, 11:49 PM)Alwarren Wrote: [ -> ]Ran into some problems:
- The "Secure" task for the scientist did not tick. 
- He joined our group but did not move
- BM-21's are very far away and hence are very inprecise. They missed every shot I think.
- After we destroyed the AA, using the radio trigger for the chopper did nothing.

Other than that, a very fun mission.

UPDATED:

Fixed the secure task (thanks Alwarren)
Not exactly sure why he didn't move, I tested multiple times on dedicated.
Moved BM-21 to be more precise
Not sure why it didn't function, tested on dedicated multiple times and it worked.
(01-28-2017, 08:44 PM)Etzu Wrote: [ -> ]Not exactly sure why he didn't move, I tested multiple times on dedicated.
Might be caused by temporal anomaly when doing enableAI "MOVE". The thing is, unless you run it on ALL clients, due to network latency and shit it is very likely to miss it. I usually run it globally and let the unit's locality sort out the rest.