Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Dynamic Campaign
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Gudauta and Sukhumi are pretty deep behind enemy lines. We know nothing about their defenses yet, but if they are about as strong as ours we would have a hard time getting near Gudauta. Our best bet would be to take SA342s and try to sneek in at low level (below 10m agl). Also, we would have to stay out over the ocean as long as possible to avoid AAA and hope that the airport itself is somewhat safe to approach. From Senaki AFB it's ~150km as the crow flies to Gudauta, much more if we want to go over sea.

I think the SA342 variant takes too long because of the distance (~1 hour to get there, another to get back). With fast movers I'm not confident that we can avoid low-level SAMs. I think the chance for success is relatively low. If you want to try it anyways that's ok with me I guess.

I'd prefer to recon the frontline for a start and eventually follow up with a strike or SEAD mission to possibly gain some ground early on. We will need at least one good AG aircraft (A10 or SU25) and some fighters for cover (since we have two confirmed enemy fighters on patrol on four on stand-by).

I would suggest to have 1 AG-aircraft and two fighters on the frontline, and if Misha wants to try to sneak in he could do so once we are on station and provide some distraction. How does that sound?
That sounds very reasonable.
Everybody who will be there has the Mirage and I got the SU27, so we could have 4 CAP aircraft in the air at round start.

I can switch to SU25 SEAD in no time or A10c recon if required.
I imagined that behind enemy lines strike as one just quick flyover, strike and runaway. Not that it is a most cunning plan evah, but sounds exciting. But I don't insist on it, it's just what fell on my mind.
Pages: 1 2