Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Watchmen (COOP 5-22)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma...olor=black]
Watchmen
by
Alwarren

Returning from a mission on the Tajikistan border, a Black Hawk with a USMC Force Recon team has been shot down by Taliban insurgents in northern Afghanistan. With enemy troops closing in on the team, we're trying to mount a rescue mission. A USMC pilot crew has the option of using either an Osprey or a Venom to prepare for picking up the troops, while the US Air Force has dispatched an A-10 to help in the search and provide CAS.

Time is of the essence, and the search area is big. Get going.

This is a dynamic mission. The crash site, enemy composition and numbers are always different. Basically, Lost Squad but with choice of airlift (Osprey or Venom) and an A-10 as supporting asset.

Features:
  • Faction: USMC
  • Oposing force: Taliban
  • Island: Lythium
  • Dynamic mission
  • Dedicated server compatible
  • optional Spectator and Zeus slots
  • Headless clients supported
  • Lythium Batteries not included
Updated the mission:

• SAR chopper is a Chinook with door guns now
  • Crashed heli is Chinook too, with US Army team.
  • Team size is variable, disable all slots you don't want to occupy in the rescued team. This affects enemy count
Updated:
  • Tweaked Enemy placement and spawn distance
  • Tweaked possible span positions
Can anything be done with the A-10's cockpit glare?
Oh and one more thing, if the team can be fitted with a laser designator it will be very cool!
Variable Wrote:Can anything be done with the A-10's cockpit glare?

Not without a patch to CUP. I'll check it out.
In the meantime, we can try setting the time of day to noon, it should be less obvious then.

Quote:Oh and one more thing, if the team can be fitted with a laser designator it will be very cool!

I'll add a dedicated FAC in the next update. I recon I will need to tweak it some more after we tried it next time.