Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Thursday coop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We need to come to the realization that Thursday coop is dead or at least dying. I suggest we keep it at just Sunday and Tuesday for now.

If we want to keep Thursday alive at some capacity, then I suggest we make it an OPTIONAL event organized by the member who wants to host it that day.

I myself have ideas on this. One for them being to host a Zeus created mission. Something I wanted to do for some time. Playing with small numbers can give me some practice and it might be a fun change for players.

Anyway, please post your thought on this and lets make an definite decision on Thursday.
I would say we cancel Thursday altogether. 

We don't have the capacity in missions anymore to fill two days, let alone three. If we keep up Thursday, people will burn out quicker. Therefore, I would vote for a complete cancellation.
What about keeping it and cancelling when there’s low attendance or there’s no willing admin around? I mean we can cancel of course but several Thursday coop were great although some had too few players. I’m trying to figure out if there’s a way to keep the fruit and throw the peel.
After thinking about it some more, I'm not sure If I'm all in for cancelling either.  I think on those days we need the admin to step up and let people know early he's willing to host that day. And if people show then great, if not then we cancel. I'm ok with that.

Varnaon makes a good point on there is not enough missions and players starting to burn out. I myself have felt this.  That's why i want to try zeusing missions on the fly. Zeus missions can be made very simple in a matter of minutes and can be tailered for low player count.

Anyway, im ok with keeping it up but I don't want this to bring on too much stress on the players/mission makers.
I'll pitch in some thoughts if I may.

Due to external time restraints my activity lately is very low, so for me more chances to make it during the week are better but obviously I am just participating and not involved in organization / mission making / admin duties, so I would totally understand if you guys decide to cancel one of three weekly scheduled play-times.

On the other hand I also like Sempri's idea. If the lack of missions/admin staff is the problem, his approach could be a way to counter said issues. I want to support his idea by suggesting a persistent mission like kp Liberation or Vdauphin's Hearts & Minds. These missions can be tailored to a unit's needs (I've done it for a different unit before, e.g. arsenal can be disabled, etc.) and would serve as a backup to the scenario where no Zeus is available. Obviously there might be issues I am overlooking right now. One is of course the need to allow respawns/make revives a viable option when playing a persistent mission like the ones above. But to be honest I also see that necessity when playing a prolonged Zeus session.

Just my 2 cents.
Verstanden this is an interesting idea. I think it's best if we start with clean slate Zeus scenarios and test some persistent scenarios later. How does it respond to switching a mission which will happen on Sunday and Tuesday? I'm also interested to hear what others think of it.
both persistent missisons I put forward use a save system where the current server admin can save and delete the save file and I believe both also allow for autosaving. Unfortunately u can only have "one savegame" at a time, unless you manually make a backup of the profile file on the server which holds the save. So the only real problem with the save is a user error or malicious intents where someone votes himself into the admin slot, starts the mission and deletes the save file.

Sempri, guess it is time to start working on that Zeus template Smile
While we're at persistent missions, this might also be interesting: Antistasi
PMC epsisode 1 was pretty much all Zeus. I thought it went well for the most part. Also the Tank Killer mission was zeus by Stag and I and we had a lot of fun moving things around, when it made sense to do so.