Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Some ideas to change up medic gameplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Found this overview

interesting are the bandage comparison and maybe also the explanation of the server settings.
some of the stuff is dependent on individual server settings.

According to them basic bandage and field dressing are the same.
I have been studying the bandage chart and applying it to our liberation nights where im able to have all bandage types. It does not seem to make a difference on which bandage helps which wound in our current model. I think making a role require a lot of research and learning to operate effectively might be a little much, but for the medic role it would make sense (however it shouldn't take much). Since it revolves around ace interaction, having to think about the action before you do it (rather than just putting any bandage on any wound and not thinking about it) would be fun. My concern is ending up needing some sort of training or certification before being able to play a role though if it goes to far in complexity. Those always seemed kinda silly to me and it felt like all the groups that i've seen do that take arma way to serious to the point of it getting boring.
I'm wondering if there's a TLDR that can be said with medic system just to still be able to be effective but enjoyable.

Like:

Big wound & need lots of help? Packing bandaid
Needs to stop bleeding quick to continue patch up? QuikClot
Got a lot of wounds in the same area? Elastic Bandage
Everything else: Field Dressing & Basic Bandage

I wonder if that works?
Variable Wrote:What is currently the ACE difference between a field dressing and a bandage? I thought it’s just the size of wounds they can stop bleeding of.

The size, I think, and the fact that field dressing might break up again (if that feature is enabled). I basically would give the normal soldiers field dressing because that is what they usually get in real life, too.
Bandage type differences and needing to know what bandage match a particular wound is a bit too much in my opinion.
I copied the current ace medical settings from the server
see my link above for explanations what they do.

if we do not want multiple bandages, we should disable advanced bandages. that also means no stitching.
Variable Wrote:Bandage type differences and needing to know what bandage match a particular wound is a bit too much in my opinion.

I agree. We should not forget or lose sight of what we want to achieve.

We don't want Surgeon Simulator 2020. We want to give the medic a meaningful, important rule. We do not want all gameplay to revolve around the medic, nor do we want to require a medicine education in order to play the medic role. There is a line between realism and fun we shouldn't blast past.

MJ's proposal is the most sensible so far and I think we should try that. Beyond that, no I don't think so.
just realized the official wiki was updated, so more official information on the ace medical settings:
https://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/medical-system.html
Pages: 1 2