Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: disabling OFP radio commands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Jeromez from Euro Flashpoint League here and also from Mad-IT :-)

I have heard that you guys have a script to disable the radio commands for teamleaders in OFP. We want to use it in our league as a standard rule if that is possible. But we first have to check if its not to much work to build the script into the server.

Can someone tell me more about this?

respect to all
Jeromez
Hi Jeromez !

I guess the easiest solution is to take away the ability to use radio for each unit on the map with two trigger. enable radio false should do the trick. ungrouping the units is no solution as you undergo most of the map requirenments for most of the ladders i know. Also respawn is a problem then. In my opinion the surpression of radio at all is the only way to get through. i dont know how if there are serverside solutions, but I dont think so.
Unfortunally only the cable cheat is fixed with patch 1.85 but not the radio cheat.
If you got any news on that issue pls contact me as I finally got Holden to rework the maps , so radio targetting should be history at TCZ. It is a real pain in the ass as some clans use it only. They magically kill you on 300 through fog etc. but I guess you know that already ;-)
I will also post this issue on edcenter and me part of off forums to get other opinions on how to get rid of it completely in a smart way. Keep me updated if you tested a solution, cause I only have it here on my local and had no chance to test it online till now.

Greetz,
Bals.
bad news
the enableradio false takes away the radio sound like "2 target blabla" and there is no text diplayed on screen also, but the yellow square still shows up :-(
OK options now are to ungroup the units. This will make problems at respawn.
At this time there seems to be no way to get rid of the square without splitting the group to pieces.
I just wrote an E-Mail to Adam, cause there was no reaction on my posts at the forum.
I hope they have a solution handy. Furthermore i hope there will be a fix for this on the longterm. I will keep you updated.
new info

Red has brought something up at the official mission editing forums that sounds very promising. It looks like we ARE able to solve the radio problem.
Suma agrees on that Big Grin

Oh what a day !
really? well what is it?

btw thanks for your replies Smile
Balschoiw has told me, that he will do a demo map with all the needed things included. If all works fine (it works as he said), I think you will get the demo map for help.
Yes thats good!
At EFL we are testing a map at the moment with a special target script in it [TNF]Steiner made. So far it seems that its working. Here is the script:
#loop2
~0.001
E1 doTarget objNull
W1 doTarget objNull
goto "loop2"

When we find a script or something to disable this radio thingie we will implement it in the EFL maps and rules. Then we can finally have a good game without being shot from a mile distance Tongue
That's the thing that also Balschoiw enters in the demo map. So I think there is no need for sending you this.

I hope all matches then will be real fun again.