Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: error in editor 'expected bool'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when previewing my mission, when certain things happen an error appears in the top left saying '.....expected bool' (thats the only part i can remember) but doesnt really make any difference to the mission, anyone know what it means

also im trying to make a mission where the player must complete certain objectives, one of which being to 'get to the extraction point' where the mission ends. however, if the player reaches the extraction point before completing the other objectives it should fail the mission but of course it doesnt, anyone know how to do this??
Don't know about the error message...

Do you want a mission failed outro to start when reaching extraction point when all objectives have not been completed or do you just want to avoid the mission from being ended as a "victory"?

To avoid an end just give the end trigger some conditions that has to be met before the trigger activates. If the objective is to destroy a tank then set that as the condition in the trigger.
Name the target as tank and add something like this to the end trigger GetDammagetank>=1
With this condition the mission wont end unless the target has been destroyed.

To get a fail outro you just make another end trigger that activates only if the objective is still alive. The condition for it could be GetDammagetank<1 .

It was a long time ago since a last did some editing but I think this will work.
Let's see if Bals can confirm this Smile

[Edited on 30/11/2002 by Llauma]
basically ending the mission before all objectives are fulfilled can be prevented by triggering the objectives.
example:
you have 3 Objectives
1. destruction of shilka1
2. clearing a camp
3. getting to extraction zone.

What I would do now is to set up triggers that do the following
1st trigger
Activation: nobody
Condition : getdammage shikla1 >= 1;
OnActivation: obj1 = true

trigger 2
Activation: East not present
On Activation : obj 2 = true;

trigger 3
Type : End 3
Conditon: obj1= true AND obj2 = true AND playerinlist this;

This way the mission only will end if all 3 objectives are fulfilled.
You can fire your lose outro or whatever if the goals ar not fulfilled by using alternative trigger with obj1 = false OR obj2 = false And playerinlist this.
in the condition field.
Use type "Lose" then this will automatically make the mission a loss.

Quote: '.....expected bool'
for this one it´s likely an error in a OnActivation, Init, or Condition field.

[Edited on 1/12/2002 by Balschoiw]
thanks for the help, i sorted out the 'expected bool' thig i had 'this' when it should have been 'true' :casstet:

thanks for the mission endings help tho, i notice that you have 'playerinlist this' does that mean it only activates the trigger when the player is inside the trigger AND all the other conditions are met, could you explain 'playerinlist this'