Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: ACTION!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
greetings!

hope to find some answers to my questions in this forum - which seems to be really great btw.

i want to buit a level/map, which should work as a bluebox. that means, that everything - ground, sky, horizon - must be the exactly the same - mostly blue or green - color!

is this possible?
if yes, how could i di this?
(i am a total noob at editing OFP! i just chose that game, because of all the editing possibilities it seems to offer...)

any help is appreciated a lot!!
hmm...

how big must the map be?

The only solution to do this, is to do an own island which is has blue textures. Horizon and sky could not be changed, but if you do a very big object with blue textures, you can enter this in your own made world. Another solution is not possible as I know.
it would be possible to do an addon like a building with all walls painted blue and the player within. For wich purposes do you need it ?
thx for first answers.

i am experimenting with video and want to try to let the OFP soldiers & vehicles walk & fly thru e.g. my living room or a classroom, etc.
i can do this using the bluebox-effect (chromakeying), which lets me substitude a single color (e.g. blue) with another picture.
it would maybe also workout with three big, blue walls which are connected to a box and work like ground & horizon. but such walls would have to be really huge, to let a tank or a helicopter drive/fly thru....

- how can i built such walls whith surfaces that big?
- how can i built a totally blue island?

hope u can help me!
To build your own island, you can look in our cook book section for wrpedit tutorials.

To build huge walls, look at http://www.ofpec.com or in the official forum for O2light. That's the tool to build own addons for Operation Flashpoint.