Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Raven Shield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well If you cd key is not working like mine good luck. This the the most helpful thread I have seen so far i hope it helps you more than it did me:
Quote: CD Key This Should help Reply

Author: Krunt
Date: 03/23/03 10:46AM

This help me after i did the one for Xp it worked

Question
I just bought Raven Shield and when I try to play online, I get an 'Invalid CD Key' error when prompted to enter my CD Key. What is going on?

Answer

Technical Support and the ubi.com team are currently looking into this problem. We hope to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please make sure that you have ruled out all other possibilities for error by doing the following:

Please make sure that you are entering your CD Key correctly including the dashes.

After the first 3 characters in the CD key, there will not be any ‘I’, ‘O’, ‘S’, or ‘Z’ alphabetical characters.

The Raven Shield CD authentication is done through an Internet port that is not in the normal ubi.com port range. Any firewall technology between the player and our services must be configured appropriately to allow the validation to work. If you are behind a router or firewall, please make sure that the following ports are open in the firewall/router configuration:

Outgoing: 216.98.52.30 UDP 44000
216.98.50.30 UDP 44000
Incoming: UDP 5777, 5778 (default values)
- In a few cases, this port may be blocked by your ISP. If you are not behind a firewall/router, please contact your ISP with this IP and port information to verify whether or not these ports are available to you.

DSL Users Only

- Win 2000 / Win XP users (specific instructions):
First, open a DOS command window by clicking on ‘Run’ from the Start menu and typing “CMD”. In the command prompt window, type “ipconfig /all” and press Enter. This will list your network interfaces. Find the one that does not have a default gateway and write down the ‘description’ of that interface (e.g. “Fast Ethernet PCI XYZ”).

Go back into Windows, and open your network adapters (on Win2000, Start->Settings->Control Panel->Network and Dial-up Connections; on WinXP, Start->Control Panel->Network Connections). Get the properties of the one you just found (Fast Ethernet PCI XYZ) and disable the TCP/IP protocol.

- Windows 98 / 98ME users (specific instructions):
First, open a DOS command window by clicking on ‘Run’ from the Start menu and typing “WINIPCFG”. By changing your selection with the drop-down menu, find the one that does not have a default gateway attached and write down its description (i.e. the string in the drop-down menu). Then open the network adapters (Start->Settings->Control Panel->Network), choose this one, and disable the TCP/IP protocol.

All other connection types

We have found that if you adjust your TCP/IP settings to obtain an IP address automatically, instead of entering a specific IP configuration, the problem usually resolves itself. Please make sure that you have your TCP/IP configuration set to 'Obtain IP Address Automatically'.

To do this:
1. Go to the Control Panel and open the 'Network Connections'
2. Right-click on your network cards connection icon and choose properties.
3. Highlight the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP setting) and click properties.
4. Check the 'Obtain IP Address Automatically' radio button.
5. Click OK to save the settings.

- Users with Windows XP will want to make sure that the built-in firewall has been disabled through Windows.

To do this:
1. Go to the Control Panel and open the 'Network Connections'
2. Right-click on your network cards connection icon and choose properties.
3. Click on the 'Advanced' tab and uncheck the 'Internet Connection Firewall' box.
4. Click OK to save the settings.

Game servers handling more players than their bandwidth allows face the possibility of refusing some players with the error ‘Invalid CDKey’ because they will not have a good quality communication with the ubi.com server.

How well did this answer your question?

RE: CD Key This Should help Reply

Author: Darkov00
Date: 03/23/03 11:12AM

Worked fine on day of release and all day Saturday, doesn't work now. Bit annoying, considering the single player game is worthless compared to co-op mode Sad

User Options: Edit Message

Author: Madd_Matt
Date: 03/23/03 12:36PM

Not well my man. I have torn apart my network settings trying to resolve this and your suggestions just wont work.
Thanks for the help it is more than I go from UBI. I guess I will play my Operation Flash Point for another 2 years until UBI figures this one out.

Note to Game Publisher: Release a patch disabling this poorly thought out feature please or you may concider this the last $51 you will ever get from me! People will download this game and crack this poor effort to subdue piracy anyway. Put your tail between your legs and give me(a paid customer) the game I paid my money for.

Message Edited on 03/23/03 12:41PM by Madd_Matt

Author: dARKfATE_F.U.G
Date: 03/23/03 03:32PM

my isp is running a proxy (ISA) and firewall and ask them and thy told me port are open but i dont belive em couse thy are newbies but anyway if ubi dont fix this im going to get realy mad very soon same stuff that happend to dalnet can happen to ubi Wink nojoke

Author: CpD_SilentPain
Date: 03/23/03 05:51PM

This doesn't work. I have done all of this, from opening ports, disabling dhcp even in the router which resulted in no internet, to setting up DMZ which opens all ports, to reinstalling the game. Same problem, CD Key is already in use even on a coop game within my lan. This is a UBI Problem that they are trying to pawn on us and the isp. Do you remember the Hardware vs Software wars? Hardware support blamed the software, Software blamed the Hardware.

Author: dlinville
Date: 03/23/03 07:01PM

I am a regional manager at Electronics Boutique Southern California. I am going to recommend that future purchases of UBI products be halted. So far 80% of raven shield games have been returned for refund. This is a tremendous disservice to our customers.