Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
ArmA as a Mistress - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Addon Requirements & Dedicated Servers (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: ArmA as a Mistress (/showthread.php?tid=1257)

ArmA as a Mistress - Variable - 09-25-2007

I guess Lobanak will finish the fine tuning of the ArmA server soon. Therefore, we need to start thinking about how to add arma play times to the CiA schedule.

First of all, I think all agree on not playing arma on our regular meeting times since not all of the members have an arma copy or the necessary rig to run it at the moment. So, we will need to find some other times to play it.

This thread objective is to find the most suitable time\s for all the CiA arma players.

Please ALL members add here your suggestions or respond to others' suggestions so we could find the best time for at least the most of us.

First, Let me suggest the most simple solution, as I see it:
Since we already gather up on Sundays and Wednesdays at 21:00 CET all arma members may gather at 19:00 CET (or even before?) and have an arma game until the Flashpoint meeting starts.

Re: ArmA as a Mistress - Llauma - 09-25-2007

I guess we could try to play before the OFP coop night and see how it works out. Though I think that eventually we'll have to replace one of the coop nights with an ArmA night. I suppose it depends on how good the ArmA nights will be. Anyway, Sundays wont work for me. I can't even always make it to 21:00, even less 19:00.

J.

Re: ArmA as a Mistress - Post - 09-25-2007

I can't run ArmA on this medieval brick I'm working on right now. So I would need to upgrade, which would mean I need cash, which I simply don't have right now... So I'll be playing OFP for now.

Anyway, I'm not sure how well playing before the OFP night will work. You will have to force everyone to leave at 21.00 when things are starting to get interested. Why not just add another night or two(monday/tuesday/thursday) ?

Re: ArmA as a Mistress - Variable - 09-25-2007

Post, I guess you are right, this can be a bit frustrating to leave only when things start to heat up, but will you guys be able to spare one more night a week for gaming?

I will be able to add one more night to my schedule, but I guess I won't always be able to attend it.

What do you guys think about adding another game night?

Re: ArmA as a Mistress - Post - 09-25-2007

I'm not sure, I can't guarantee to be able to attend 3 nights a week when I will be able to play ArmA. Then again, as llauma said we might be able to substitute one of the OFP nights if the ArmA night proofs to be successful and fewer people are playing OFP.

Re: ArmA as a Mistress - Variable - 09-26-2007

My vote will go for replacing one of the already existing game nights into an arma nigt only when all the members are able to play arma, and this will take a while. let's cross this bridge once we reach it.
Since arma gone out many people have joined our games, and their numbers are still on the rise...

Re: ArmA as a Mistress - TonyMarony - 09-26-2007

I would say for the beginning we should just test it on a few single Dates. Lets just make a announcement on our BIs Thread 1 week before we want to play and see, who comes and if it is fun (eg. Thursay the 4th October). then we should decide, if we want to make it a regular event.

I personally wanted to wait just as long as possible. What i saw on the demo-Version didnt convince me (the only thing what really improved is the gfx imo). And i think i read something about a new Addon-version in some pc-Magazine. So i will wait until i buy it. Or can i join MP games with the Demo version? I guess not, or?

Greets

TM

Re: ArmA as a Mistress - Guest - 09-26-2007

Nah, forget about the idea of mixing the demo with the full game, it wont work, they have different versions and afaik they were never created to work together anyway.
In my opinion i also dont see the need to replace an ofp night by arma, as we have quite high player numbers in the last few month, so there are more then enough (and sometimes even to many) players for the good old ofp.
The gamestyle of arma consists of a bit to much frustration to replace ofp in the nearer future in my opinion.

Re: ArmA as a Mistress - Zopzodeman - 09-26-2007

I think we should await Queens Gambit and the Patch for it before deciding to make ArmA a part of the public playing here.Arma can be fun but some old Bugs carried over from OFP still remain.

Re: ArmA as a Mistress - Lobanak - 09-29-2007

ok, queens gambit is here and I will upload all the stuff to the server.