Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
[CiA] OFP : Completed missions - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [CiA] OFP : Completed missions (/showthread.php?tid=1391)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Re: Completed missions - mikka - 11-26-2009

We paid for this with our lifes but we did it!  8)

[Image: fgdgdf.th.jpg]

Re: Completed missions - RKDmitriyev - 11-26-2009

Is that seriously a "raiders of the lost ark" themed mission?  Big Grin

Re: Completed missions - Anguis - 11-26-2009

(11-26-2009, 06:51 PM)mikka link Wrote: We paid for this with our lifes but we did it!  8)

Congratulations!

Re: Completed missions - Overlord - 11-26-2009

(11-26-2009, 06:51 PM)mikka link Wrote: We paid for this with our lifes but we did it!  8)

[Image: fgdgdf.th.jpg]
How in hell is that possible when all players are dead? Don't tell me you use respawn on CiA server????? It's cheating and will add a limited ban to all of you (from now to death, after death, in eternity and beyond) Tongue

Re: Completed missions - mikka - 11-27-2009

Ha! Answer is quite easy - our plane just came down into sea in time when "Mission Comleted" subtitle could be seen on main screen  Smile from this point to debriefing status it takes some seconds and for us they were viwe deadly seconeds  Big Grin
So this way all was dead like KAmikaze but first Mission Completed  Wink

Easyer answer is: we are just SUPERMANS  ;D

Re: Completed missions - ninja - 11-27-2009

18 november

fdf east border - underwater love
[Image: 12361566.th.jpg]

[Image: 86735562.th.jpg]

[Image: 53608115.th.jpg]

bonus
[Image: 90263012.th.jpg]

Re: Completed missions - RKDmitriyev - 11-27-2009

lol @ Osku saluting the enemy tank.

Re: Completed missions - mikka - 11-28-2009

no! he is using secret finnish AT from WWII - suomalainen kaato !! 
ja karsimakirves  ;D

Re: Completed missions - Hawke - 11-28-2009

You crazy Finns consider a hammer a "secret finnish at weapon"?

Re: Completed missions - RKDmitriyev - 11-28-2009

(11-28-2009, 05:14 PM)Hawke link Wrote: You crazy Finns consider a hammer a "secret finnish at weapon"?

What bigoted nonsense. It's an axe that's their secret AT weapon.

Re: Completed missions - RKDmitriyev - 12-16-2009

Believe it or not, Anguis, Viking, Osku, and I actually finished the Clean Sweep mission! Has anyone ever finished Marto's WGL conversion of Clean Sweep before? Well, we did--at least in spirit. ;D

Viking was squad leader for Alpha, and Osku was on his own. Thanks to Viking's careful planning and leadership, and Anguis's M249 SAW working as a base of fire, (and presumably whatever Osku did as well ;D ) we shredded through most of the town's garrison relatively easily. A BMP arrived. Viking ordered me to split off and ambush it. I took a shot at it with a M136-AT4 but missed--d'oh! I'm afraid I'm just not too good with that weapon. Viking was killed by enemy infantry, and I took command. Uh-oh! :o  Big Grin

Everyone just sat tight for a minute and let the enemy fumble into the kill zone (I killed 3 VDV men from inside the Montignac bar at a range of about 10-50m). Now we had to find some way to kill that BMP!  We searched all over town. The BMP seemed to be following me all over town at one point--perhaps it was scripted ??? . Osku tried emptying a few hundred PK rounds into it and throwing grenades. Anguis looked for an RPG, and I tried to distract it by running around through Montignac. I had to kill a VDV man hiding in the bushes. Finally Anguis found a ruck RPG-22 and nailed the BMP.

And then my scripted character "said" that "we got em all." The UH-60 arrived, hovered over the town center, and--it wouldn't land so that we could extract.  ??? Perhaps there is a bug area for improvement in this mission. ;D After trying to get it to land, we decided to #missions anyway.

We also completed another mission--I believe it was called "Forever Night." In the nighttime, BLUFOR has to clear a REDFOR bunker and destroy two T-72s and a BMP-3 at a large enemy encampment. I guess I was in a leading mood, so I led. I figured that the obvious route straight from our beach landing up to the large hill on which the bunker is located would probably be covered in patrols. So instead I had us advance north on the 70* slopes of the coast, and then turn south to climb the mountain.

We advanced up the hill in a line. Close to the top of this bald mountain, Viking spotted a heavy MG pointing right at him, but was not spotted himself. I tried to move Anguis, Osku, and I a little closer. I must have let Anguis get too close--the DShk spotted him and shredded him instantly.  :-[ Viking killed the gunner 0.5 seconds later. Infantry started dancing around at the bunker--we crept up the mountain and shot them all. I tried rifle grenades, but they would just fly over to the other side of the mountain. Osku was hit in the legs but managed to stop his bleeding. He was medic, but apparently medics can't heal themselves. Big Grin

We wiped the infantry out and cleared heavy machine guns facing in each direction. I messed around a little, trying to get CAS to work. For future reference, the squad leader's CAS radio option does nothing in that mission. Wink Thankfully, as I was messing, Osku was paying attention and spotted enemies creeping up 20m behind us. ;D I decided to move to the next objective.

We sneaked rather close. We spotted two T-72s and a BMP-3. I tried to find a good position, but the best I could think of was poking out over a cliff with the enemy camp about 200m away. We opened fire and killed a lot of Russians. Another camp about 400m away gave us intermittent machine gun fire. Neither side had a good chance of hitting at that distance, but it sure was nerve-wracking. Miraculously, the enemy vehicles didn't seem interested in the infantry fight. ("Figure it out for yourselves, you sorry grunts!").

We crawled forward and spotted yet another enemy camp, with yet another DShk. We opened up on it. The DShk killed Viking before Osku could nail the gunner. So we lost our SAW man--fortunately, most of the enemy were dead by now too. After mopping up a few infantry, Osku ran into the nearest enemy camp to find an enemy T-72  :o --empty! Big Grin

Now it turned into a tank mission. Osku as driver and I as gunner, we shredded down remaining infantry, put an APFSDS round into the back of the other T-72, and obliterated the BMP-3. Great fun. Smile For me, at least--poor Osku had to deal with vehicle driving without 3rd person view. But he did well. Wink

The objective didn't tick off, but that was probably because we were driving one of our targets. We couldn't figure out how we were supposed to find a boat to get back to base and end the mission, so we just called it quits. Great job, everyone!  Smile

So yesterday we completed two missions--sort of. Hope you all enjoyed reading. ;D

Re: Completed missions - slash [fin] - 12-17-2009

Nice gaming yesterday, especially Stanch Ranchers #? -mission. Excellent pace because of Variables leading and tremendous participation of the others also!
Fcuk, I just don´t have enough hours on a day to commit and play more at the moment..    :-\

Re: Completed missions - Osku - 12-17-2009

(12-16-2009, 05:30 PM)RKDmitriyev link Wrote: The objective didn't tick off, but that was probably because we were driving one of our targets. We couldn't figure out how we were supposed to find a boat to get back to base and end the mission, so we just called it quits.

Yeah, I think it made sense to declare this mission as completed... we didn't have any idea where the extraction boat was. And it was very clear that we had defeated enemy.
Good games, and nice debriefs, Kurtz. It's amazing how accurately you can remember every little detail...  8)

Re: Completed missions - Variable - 12-17-2009

Quote: link=topic=1543.msg10925#msg10925 date=1261043142]
Nice gaming yesterday, especially Stanch Ranchers #? -mission. Excellent pace because of Variables leading and tremendous participation of the others also!
Fcuk, I just don´t have enough hours on a day to commit and play more at the moment..    :-\

Yeah, fun mission! And thanks for the compliment Smile Can't wait to try it again in a week. though we didn't try that many times, we never managed to complete it.

Re: Completed missions - mikka - 01-06-2010

Silent night, bloody night...  ;D

[Image: hgggg.th.jpg]