Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Welcome all new players - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Addon Requirements & Dedicated Servers (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Welcome all new players (/showthread.php?tid=1459)

Pages: 1 2 3

Welcome all new players - Overlord - 03-09-2009

Hi and welcome to all players who has joined us over the last few weeks.
It's nice to play with you all, and I'll ask you all to look through our server rules <here>.

Lately, we have spend too much time waiting for players to e.g. find their position, carry out assigned task, or wait for them to stop doing nothing.....

Yes, I'm dull, I'm a partybreaker, I'm a pain where the sun never shine, but I assure you the gameplay will flow better if you follow these rules. It might also help you to stay alive. Remember, it's not fun for other players to wait for one or two players messing around the whole island with no goal or view on mission objectives.

Re: Welcome all new players - Make - 03-09-2009

I think more people will join if you lower play time one or two hours. We all have work after that day, well not all but most of us (at least me  :-\)   

Re: Welcome all new players - Overlord - 03-10-2009

You think of starting earlier? I bet Marto would appreciate that Wink
OK for me but server is open 24/7, not only coop-times. Just join and play. Usually ppl connect if they see players they know online. It's a good way to familiar yourself with more missions too. Maybe you find one you really like? I got several but we ain't allowed to play them.

Re: Welcome all new players - Marto - 03-10-2009

Yeah that would be 3am here! Lucky Im on holidays for a while.... Smile

Re: Welcome all new players - Make - 03-10-2009

More people = more fun

Re: Welcome all new players - MattyDienhoff - 03-24-2009

I'm new. Having not played a multiplayer game of OFP for several months, I looked through the server list on a whim, found the CiA server about to start a game, dropped in and played a dozen rounds with Marto, Osko and slash... and I had a great time. Big Grin

I should be dropping in regularly from now on, and I must say I love the rules. This was the first time in living memory I've been able to effectively command humans and not have every mission not turn into a raucous weekend excursion.

Re: Welcome all new players - Overlord - 03-24-2009

Hi and welcome Matty
Nice to see you like to play on CiA server. This is the way we like to play too Wink
As it seems you too are from "Down Under" I guess I have to join in at daytime one of these days  ;D

Re: Welcome all new players - Variable - 03-24-2009

Welcome Matty. I felt the same way when I first discovered CiA three years ago. I could only regret not finding them earlier... Smile

Re: Welcome all new players - Marto - 03-24-2009

Gday Matty,

Great to see some fellow Aussies around! 8)

Was some fun missions we did there!

And you did some great leading too!

Regards,
Marto.

PS Hope to see you on the Coop nights - but timing may be a bit way out for you over in SA.... 0230am....

Re: Welcome all new players - Make - 03-25-2009

(03-24-2009, 05:24 PM)Variable link Wrote: Welcome Matty. I felt the same way when I first discovered CiA three years ago. I could only regret not finding them earlier... Smile

I agree Variable Wink

And Matty, its nice you found yourself in here,  hope i can see you on CiA server soon Tongue

Re: Welcome all new players - Ferenczi - 04-25-2009

(03-10-2009, 02:39 PM)Make link Wrote: More people = more fun

depends on the people...  Wink

Re: Welcome all new players - Chris Johnson - 06-04-2009

Do I count as a new player? - 'cause I started playing on April 16 and that makes it 49 days  Smile

Re: Welcome all new players - Ferenczi - 06-04-2009

(06-04-2009, 11:10 AM)Chris Johnson link Wrote: Do I count as a new player? - 'cause I started playing on April 16 and that makes it 49 days  Smile

from the point of view that some guys here have been hanging on the cia server for years..

Re: Welcome all new players - Post - 06-04-2009

The first time I played a coop game on the CiA server was Wednesday April 14, 2004. Lobonak, Bals and Llauma have been here long before that.

Re: Welcome all new players - Shifty - 06-04-2009

Plz PM me the pw for the server.

More ppl, more fun.  ;D