Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Mumble - Interesting OFP project - 3D Positional Audio - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Addon Requirements & Dedicated Servers (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Mumble - Interesting OFP project - 3D Positional Audio (/showthread.php?tid=1558)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Interesting OFP project - Marto - 06-15-2009

Nope - just a separate program - download it and try it instead of TS...

Re: Interesting OFP project - Anguis - 06-15-2009

@Colakilla: Refer to the first few posts in this thread.

Re: Interesting OFP project - ColaKilla - 06-15-2009

i have download it and there is only a ofp.dll file in it

Re: Interesting OFP project - Overlord - 06-15-2009

What is it you don't (or won't) understand ColaKilla? No point in repeating three pages of posts if you can't figure out what the first three is about.

Back to topic, yes this thing works now Mjolnir, it's actually pretty cool too Smile

Re: Interesting OFP project - Overlord - 06-16-2009

Should we log into a [blue]public server tonight and try play on CiA server? Maybe play FDF?

Re: Interesting OFP project - ColaKilla - 06-16-2009

sorry for the spams now i know what it is. Smile

Re: Interesting OFP project - Peki Boy - 06-16-2009

Yep  OvreLord we can try        8)

Re: Interesting OFP project - Anguis - 06-16-2009

Sounds good, Overlord - about what time, would you say?

20:00 CET? And run for a couple of hours? Can't hog server all night either since TS is official VoIP Smile We might run into some unexpected problems too...

So, if noone oppose we try out Mumble from 20:00-22:00 CET tonight on CiA server, after 22:00 CET it's TS again.

[i]EDIT: Be sure to use plugin version 0.8b

Re: Interesting OFP project - ColaKilla - 06-16-2009

whats the mumble server name ? the one at the first reply dont work

(06-16-2009, 05:25 PM)ColaKilla link Wrote: whats the mumble server name ? the one at the first reply dont work
(06-16-2009, 12:08 PM)Overlord link Wrote: Should we log into a [blue]public server tonight and try play on CiA server? Maybe play FDF?

(06-14-2009, 09:29 PM)Anguis link Wrote: New version: 0.8b

From the BIS page:
Quote:- new and accurate method for define address of positions.
- Correctly defines the address position for the mods BAS, GRAA. must work with all mods and addons.

filename must be FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE

The new plugin consistently links to every island I have tested, so far, including Desert Island.

Currently, testing in the following public server:
[red]
Label: MumbleSpace - Public 1
Address: s1.mumblespace.com
Port: 60001[/red]

The [blue]blue text [b]public server will link you to Anguis' post above, server connection info emphasize in red for your convenient. Just checked and it works.

Be sure Mumble is correctly configured before we start

Re: Mumble - Interesting OFP project - 3D Positional Audio - Anguis - 06-16-2009

updated first post with pertinent links

Re: Mumble - Interesting OFP project - 3D Positional Audio - Overlord - 06-17-2009

Too bad the public server didn't work out. Do you know what happened Anguis?

Re: Mumble - Interesting OFP project - 3D Positional Audio - Anguis - 06-17-2009

I do not know why it didn't work well. I'll do some research into other public servers suitable for testing (and I'll try to get my Linux box back up and running and get a server going on that, too). I'll report what I find. . .Smile

Re: Mumble - Interesting OFP project - 3D Positional Audio - stilpu - 08-25-2009

Me and my friends have been using this since release, strongly suggest you to try it out. You'll get directional sound (use zero minimum volume to get the same effect as ArmA's direct channel). Recommend to get PRMumble (the Project Reality version), it's got directional settings pre-set and you only have to activate the plugin. Bind "Force Center Position" (Squad leader channel in PRMumble) for old Teamspeak style radio comms.