Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
jump, jump, jump - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Arma Game (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: jump, jump, jump (/showthread.php?tid=1564)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: jump, jump, jump - Zwobot - 05-30-2009

The translations seem to be horrible, I read a lot about it in the Mapfact forum  Big Grin

Re: jump, jump, jump - Overlord - 05-30-2009

that was quick, [blue]
start patching

Re: jump, jump, jump - Llauma - 05-30-2009

(05-30-2009, 09:53 AM)Zwobot link Wrote: The translations seem to be horrible, I read a lot about it in the Mapfact forum  Big Grin

Well it's not worse than having it in german and not understanding much at all.

Re: jump, jump, jump - Overlord - 05-30-2009

A nice [blue]page showing difference between varoius gfx settings

Re: jump, jump, jump - Make - 05-31-2009

I hope European version is more smoother than german.

Was it released 27th june?  :Smile

EDIT: Fixed Mcraze Smile

Re: jump, jump, jump - USMC-DELTA - 05-31-2009

AHHHHHHH im so jelous of u eastern's  >Sad >Sad its going to take me years to upgrade my comp to run arma2

Re: jump, jump, jump - MCraze - 05-31-2009

(05-31-2009, 12:37 AM)Make link Wrote: I hope European version is more smoother than german.

Was it released 27th july?  :Smile

Well you have to thank germans for beta-testing it for us.
And you wanted to say 27th of June. However the european release was pushed forward a little bit - it is 17/19 of June now depending on your country. It will also have more content according to BIS, but germans will get it as a patch too.

Re: jump, jump, jump - Mjolnir - 05-31-2009

God damn it. I wait years for this and OFP2, and then it looks like Im gonna end up joining the army before it comes out. Damnation!

Re: jump, jump, jump - Lobanak - 05-31-2009

(05-31-2009, 09:54 AM)Mjolnir link Wrote: Damnation!

that's another game  ;D nothing like OFP and  ArmA1/2

Re: jump, jump, jump - Zwobot - 05-31-2009

(05-31-2009, 04:33 AM)MCraze link Wrote: Well you have to thank germans for beta-testing it for us.
Obviously there are many non-Germans who already have the game.
Like USMC-Delta I don't have the hardware to run Arma2 and probably can't afford to get it during the next one or two years...

But from what I've read and seen so far Arma2 seems to be a better game than Arma was after it's release. I have to admit I did not think that would be the case after the Arma desaster.

Re: jump, jump, jump - lenin - 05-31-2009

Now this is more like successor to the almighty OFP Smile

I played a couple of hours on v1.0 with English subtitles and it didn't feel beta or unfinished at all. The AI is significantly improved, they use cover in their manouvers and are overall a lot smoother. Of course they could be a lot better so don't expect too many ground shattering elements. Graphics are great - too bad I can't run on full details Sad Especially the fillrate optimization kills my FPS. How is it for you guys? For me, anything over 100% renders the game unplayable. The max is 200%, which enhances the looks greatly I'm affraid Sad I still need to find the optimal settings for my ancient components..

Quad Core Q6600 2,4GHz
2GB
Geforce 8800GTS 640MB

Re: jump, jump, jump - Ferenczi - 05-31-2009

(05-31-2009, 10:53 PM)Lenin link Wrote: ancient components..

Quad Core Q6600 2,4GHz
2GB
Geforce 8800GTS 640MB

dual core 1,9ghz
~900mb ram
128mb vcard

even ofp is lag-g-g-ga and sometimes all units farther than 100m from me gets invisible >Sad Sad and other nice things like that..

Re: jump, jump, jump - MCraze - 06-01-2009

(05-31-2009, 10:53 PM)Lenin link Wrote: I played a couple of hours on v1.0 with English subtitles and it didn't feel beta or unfinished at all.
Just you wait for 4th and later missions - you will enjoy having your warriors stuck in the ground, objectives failing/completing without any reason, good old "mount" bug from OFP where you as a commander suddenly start to have an objective to get in the car while giving a "return to formation" command will work like "all follow group/all follow two" with everyone not moving, AI that can't stick to the road like it has some obstacles all over it, poor collision detection in the forest where bullets hit the air 20-30 cm from the tree like there is some solid object (it really annoyed me in the 4th mission where you have to fight in forests). I've also noticed another bug - every time when I told my team to hold fire as soon as my sniper saw the targets he decided that the order got old, so I had to give it to him a second time. One time I've called a transport chopper and when landing it got stuck under a garage roof (don't ask me how did it manage to get in there) and started to bounce under it. At some point I designated a landing zone for the chopper on the field - instead it flied 100 m away from it and dropped my team right into the middle of the lake.
It's still pretty much a beta, they just fixed it a bit with 1.01.

Quote:The AI is significantly improved, they use cover in their manouvers and are overall a lot smoother.
What about your companions that die like flies (unless you tone down the enemy AI)? One of them gets killed and it's game over.
Surely they have a nice stuff like when you give them a "Danger!" order they start moving one by one while covering each other. This may seem cool at first, but not when you are under the fire, especially sniper fire. Because they move like they want and when they want to the position you give them, meaning that one of them may decide to happily wait in the open while "covering" the other guys with sniper gladly aiming at him.

Maybe in multiplayer it is fun, but I certainly wouldn't call it a game like OFP, not the campaign at least. I personally find campaign to be worse than the one in ArmA thus far. Maybe it will become better later on - I certainly hope so. But in the "open"-type missions you can easily spend one hour without a single shot due to how some objectives are designed (like f.e. on the 5th mission you get "search the town for weapons" - you come to the town, find weapons - objective complete - the next objective is to arrest the guy involved with rebels - you then spend time reaching his house only to see it blow - objective complete. Did I say you do this without a single shot? Minor spoilers - but I just wanted to give some examples of how boring missions in ArmA2 can be)
And the grass is useless again. It obscures your view, while AI can see you through it - just like in ArmA.

Thus far ArmA2 is a disappointing experience for me.

Quote:How is it for you guys? For me, anything over 100% renders the game unplayable. The max is 200%, which enhances the looks greatly I'm affraid Sad I still need to find the optimal settings for my ancient components.
I wonder why BIS decided to call it fillrate optimization when it is basically an antialiasing on settings 125% and over. 200% equals 4x FSAA.

I have ye olde Athlon XP 5000+, Radeon HD4670 512 MBs, 2 GBs of RAM and the game runs pretty ok for me at high settings, 1.8 km viewdistance, the only things that are not high are - grass (low), object detail (normal - there is no reason to set it higher as the difference is not much visible), shadows (highest).
Apart from cities where framerate drops to 15-20 FPS like it was in unpatched ArmA.

Re: jump, jump, jump - Pulverizer - 06-01-2009

Pretty good first impression for me. Played some training and single missions, and the first mission on the campaign.

Performance is not good on a Core2duo 2.4GHz + 2GB + hd4850, but that was expected. I was going to buy a new gfx card anyhows.

The mouse lag/acceleration is pretty bad (i'm using a razer diamondback 3g and enhance precision from control panel disabled). No hope to complete '4. extreme' shooting range on the carrier and I do decently in multiplayer twitch shooters so I doubt it's just my aim. It either takes forever to drag the aim onto spot when aiming slowly or I flick the mouse too fast and the gun overshoots the target by some 10-20 degrees. I don't want twitch-type aim in arma2 either though, so I suppose it's okay despite the sluggish and random feel.

Re: jump, jump, jump - Zwobot - 06-01-2009

This aiming problem has benn an issue since Arma, there are some threads in the troubleshooting board at BIS forum complaining about that the sights are "snaggy".