Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
New mission tonight: Operation The Boss - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: New mission tonight: Operation The Boss (/showthread.php?tid=1876)

New mission tonight: Operation The Boss - Marto - 05-16-2010

Ranger teams (players) insert by Chinook to Assault a Taliban stronghold with a Marine blocking force (AI) in place to destroy any withdrawing enemy.

No reason in this one to be any lag, but we'll see how we go...

MJ, you should be right this time as long as you've been practising your deplaning drills... the insertion is covered by mortar prep fire on the enemy position. Wink

Re: New mission tonight: Operation The Boss - Mjolnir - 05-16-2010

By which you mean I'll get out of the helicopter, and explode as I'm hit by a friendly mortar.  ;D

Re: New mission tonight: Operation The Boss - Marto - 05-16-2010

Should be ok, Koortz aint the mortar operator and I aint the FO...... ;D

Re: New mission tonight: Operation The Boss - Marto - 05-16-2010

[Image: mortar-fire_1545086i.jpg]

Re: New mission tonight: Operation The Boss - Zulu1 - 05-16-2010

I'm just worried about Overlord...he's always out to get me... :o

Re: New mission tonight: Operation The Boss - Overlord - 05-17-2010

GDon't worry Z, I won't be joining.  17 mai, u know. .. And I'm not after ur a##, you only have the bad habbi of seeking cover in the middle of the path of my bullets Tongue

Re: New mission tonight: Operation The Boss - Marto - 05-17-2010

Mission seemed to work very well, no lag, even with 12 players. Apart from the fact an obselete T-55 kept slaughtering the whole CiA team...

I think the problem was the tank was coming down the hill so fast, and it's such a long shot, that the Javelin missed, even in direct hit mode (tested it)... So even a locked Javelin can miss.

Re: New mission tonight: Operation The Boss - Osku - 05-17-2010

Yep, mission was good, no lag. But the piles of dead CiA rangers wasn't pretty sight.  :'(

I have believed that the Javelin can hit any moving target easily, especially in Top down mode, but I guess not. And besides, the OFP/vet difficulty target locking system is really tricky - you can't see if it's locked or not. The target report sometimes helps, but a second right-click in wrong place can remove the lock.

In the beginning of this mission, I'm sure I didn't get the lock. But then Grip tried, then Zulu, both missed.  ??? Then at some point I looted 2-3 ruck LAWs from Grip's corpse - not much success with them either.

It's been too long time since I've used WGL AT launchers...

Re: New mission tonight: Operation The Boss - Zwobot - 05-17-2010

(05-17-2010, 12:44 PM)Osku link Wrote:And besides, the OFP/vet difficulty target locking system is really tricky - you can't see if it's locked or not. The target report sometimes helps, but a second right-click in wrong place can remove the lock.
Assign a different key for "target lock" or "declare" then. You still don't see if the target is locked of course but at least you don't accidentaly unlock the target by reporting it.

Re: New mission tonight: Operation The Boss - Osku - 05-17-2010

(05-17-2010, 07:23 PM)Zwobot link Wrote:[quote author=Osku link=topic=2170.msg12203#msg12203 date=1274093083]And besides, the OFP/vet difficulty target locking system is really tricky - you can't see if it's locked or not. The target report sometimes helps, but a second right-click in wrong place can remove the lock.
Assign a different key for "target lock" or "declare" then. You still don't see if the target is locked of course but at least you don't accidentaly unlock the target by reporting it.
[/quote]

No, no. It's actually good to have them in same key. By getting that contact report you know you have clicked right spot on the Jav sight.

Re: New mission tonight: Operation The Boss - RKDmitriyev - 05-18-2010

(05-17-2010, 08:03 AM)Marto link Wrote:I think the problem was the tank was coming down the hill so fast, and it's such a long shot, that the Javelin missed, even in direct hit mode (tested it)... So even a locked Javelin can miss.

Yes, and on top of all that, it seems to me that Javelins are much less effective against T55s than, say, T72s. I can't rule out the power of suggestion, but from some testing I was just doing, it seemed much more difficult to hit a moving T55 than a T72. The Javelin would just barely miss on shots that would have smacked into the T72. It's as though the T55's slightly different shape is causing the Javelin to pass over it.

Anyone else have this same experience? 8)

Re: New mission tonight: Operation The Boss - Anguis - 05-18-2010

I just tested - scored destructive hits on that T-55 w/ top-down and unlocked guided, first try on both. Didn't try direct. Everything looks like it's working properly.

Re: New mission tonight: Operation The Boss - Zulu1 - 05-19-2010

I tried this also off line in local host mode. At first I couldn't trigger the tank, so I moved closer to town and I found a BTR80 there and got a Top Down hit on it. Then I opened it in the editor and placed a Javelin guy above the tank. I hit it Top Down also there too. Shooting that high you aim straight and it was cool how the missle swooped in and hit the tank from behind. I did miss trying a direct mode shot.

BTW Marto, the way the BTR is positioned it gets stuck on the buildings.

Re: New mission tonight: Operation The Boss - Marto - 05-19-2010

(05-19-2010, 04:10 AM)Zulu1 link Wrote:BTW Marto, the way the BTR is positioned it gets stuck on the buildings.

You mean when it drives to the position on the south end of the town or on the way?

Re: New mission tonight: Operation The Boss - Marto - 05-21-2010

Mikka, delete this mission in you MPmissions folder and download the file below and put it there:
I remember you couldn't download the mission from the server.