Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Missions with errors - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Addon Requirements & Dedicated Servers (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Missions with errors (/showthread.php?tid=1923)

Missions with errors - Overlord - 10-02-2010

Post here when you discover missions with errors/ not loadin (properly)/ crashing server or other serious faults.

Type mission name, island and reason (crashing server, not loading, missiong addons)

Re: Missions with errors - Nikiller - 01-07-2011

hi,

Yesterday we played with Osku, Zandhaas and Buba and I found an error in co05_darkwood.Chernarus

I use -ShowScriptErrors in my shortcut so I can see the scripting errors.

Here's the screen of the error:

[Image: mini_675873co05darkwood.jpg]

cya.

Nikiller.

Re: Missions with errors - TonyMarony - 01-07-2011

Not that i know anything real in editing stuff, but did you join in progress?

Re: Missions with errors - Overlord - 01-08-2011

Hi Niki, long time, hope to play with you soon again. Thank you for noticing on errors too.
Did the mission fail (due to errors in mission, not due to plater errors Wink )? Should be deleted or is it just a minor fix needed?

Re: Missions with errors - Nikiller - 01-08-2011

hi,

(01-07-2011, 11:51 PM)Fat Tony link Wrote:Not that i know anything real in editing stuff, but did you join in progress?

Yes this error happens only when you join in progress.

(01-08-2011, 03:07 AM)Overlord link Wrote:Hi Niki, long time, hope to play with you soon again. Thank you for noticing on errors too.
Did the mission fail (due to errors in mission, not due to plater errors Wink )? Should be deleted or is it just a minor fix needed?

No this mission don't need to be deleted it is just a minor fix needed. From what I see in the error message it seems to be in the briefing.sqf when you join in progress. The trick here would be to execute the briefing in a script named "initjipcompatible.sqf". Sorry if I posted in the wrong topic, it seems to be only fatal errors here. But with this kind of errors the rpt file of the server can have a size of several Giga at the end of the night.

cya.

Nikiller.

Re: Missions with errors - Osku - 01-30-2011

Last night we played Zandhaas' "BAF - High Beams (co06)" -mission on Chernarus. We were to parajump w/ auto eject from C130 cargo plane, but got into problems with some of the chutes randomly being not steerable at all, one player getting killed while still Receiving the mission data, and empty parachutes hovering down in the sky. Was funny actually...

Could be the faulty BIS parachute module, as Zandhaas said, but also seems to me that it's got something to do with the synchronizing between server and clients. What if you add some delay to the mission start, or make the plane fly for a while so the auto-eject doesn't happen right away when the mission starts. If it gets hard to time the drop exactly at the desired zone, you could consider not using auto-eject at all - letting players/leader decide when to jump. We did often so in Flashpoint games, and was no problem at all.

Re: Missions with errors - Zandhaas - 01-30-2011

The solution I adopted is to make the players invulnerable for a moment, just before being kicked out till three seconds afterwards, so you can still drop to your death if you fail to open the parachute in time. Another 200 meters were added to the height the plane is flying to give that bit of extra time needed to compensate for the longer mission loading time in MP. Altered version is included in the update due for release later today.

Regards,

Sander