Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Teamspeak 3 - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Addon Requirements & Dedicated Servers (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Teamspeak 3 (/showthread.php?tid=1953)

Pages: 1 2

Teamspeak 3 - Nephris - 01-02-2011

Hi folks,
well i guess it is actually not the correct forums, but at the end it has sth to do with ArmA2 Multiplayer and the dedicated server... however...

At the moment we are using a not persistent Teamspeak2 Channel, that needs to be created each time, what is fine, as long as u have no own channel/server running.

I ve a persistent Teamspeak3 Channel with several rooms on a Teamspeak 3 Server.
In that Channel of course admin rights.

So if you are interested in using TS3 instead ,what i prefer due its voice quality, its single configuration on voice loudness on each client,etc , i would be glad to offer that Channel for CIA & friends use.

Re: Teamspeak 3 - Osku - 01-02-2011

Yes you're right, Teamspeak 3 would be the modern choice and has awesome sound quality. But on the other hand, the harsh and low(ish) TS2 sound quality fits much better for Arma2 milsim atmosphere; as sounding closer to a real radio.

Re: Teamspeak 3 - Bubba - 01-02-2011

But some players need to adjust their output volumes because most of the players have a good volume but then some can barely be heared at all!
And I pretty much dont care which we use I have both of them. TS2 is a bit easier to use but they are buth pretty simple.

Everything is ok for me as long as we dont switch to Mumble and stick to Teamspeaks! Big Grin

Re: Teamspeak 3 - TonyMarony - 01-02-2011

Hola,

although i see Oskus point in the Atmosphere, i would stick here to the more technical side, where TS3 gives us more possibilities. Lets take that offer from Nephris at least for the next few games and then we will see (as our server might be online not too far ahead ;-) [at least i hope so, if OL will get sober from the new years party somedays ;-)...] ).

I suggest you make a shout with the stats on the shout-section at the Homepage and we will drop in tonight (if you are here tonight...).

Same goes for the offer to host games. Zander and Osku were kind enough to offer hosting games the last weeks (thx again mates) and it cant be bad to have one guy more to stand in for our Coops (although i dont know you by now. If you turn out to be a bigger smartass than me, we will just leave, you know... ;-) ).

Greets

Tony

Tony, what exactly do you mean with the technical side? using some addons, like ACRE?

But sure, let's try it again tonight (we used it couple of times in the past). If Nephris isn't coming, there's always the public TS3 server at voice.teamspeak.com.

btw. It's funny how used you can get to people's voices on the old TS2, and when using TS3 - they sound totally different, almost like another person. Tongue

nah, i just meant the different volumes and the original TS3 stuff (which ih dont know...). ACRE would of course a option aswell, but at the moment it feels too complex for me. I´m glad if i can handle the ARMA stuff without making thoughts about how to handle the radio ;-).

And yes, one have to get used to the "new" voices again ;-). But as we used TS3 the last time, it was (for me) clearly easier to understand what people are talking about, which looks like the highest priority atm to me.

Re: Teamspeak 3 - Zwobot - 01-02-2011

True about the voices sounding different.

Problem with TS2 for me is now that push to talk no longer works on Win7 64 bit.

(01-02-2011, 04:56 PM)Zwobot link Wrote: Problem with TS2 for me is now that push to talk no longer works on Win7 64 bit.

As far as I know, the recent Arma2 versions start now by default with admin privileges (you get the UAC confirmation box, right?), so you need to run TS2 in the same way. Right-click -> Run as admin.

I think it's some Win7 design. You need run both apps with equal privileges so the background app still can receive the mouse/keyboard inputs.

i run it not with admin but in XP Kompatible mode and Push to talk works for me with that specs.

Re: Teamspeak 3 - Zwobot - 01-02-2011

I don't run Arma2 as admin but the compatibility mode does the trick. At least in the local test mode. Thanks for the hint!

Re: Teamspeak 3 - Nephris - 01-02-2011

Hi guys,
although i think i will be in tonight, i am not sure if i will make it to the correct time,
so here are the TS3 data.

server adress:
pfann2.dyndns.org

port:

Channel:
***Old Helmetz***

Channel pw:

black

I can absolutely understand the thoughts to TS2-> TS3 ,as i needed to get used to changed voices etc too,but at the end we changed in our Il2-Sturmovik squadron to TS3 (different server than that i posted above), as it offers more possibilities and configuration settings to everyone.
Atm the option of file transfer is not activated for my Channel, but i guess this is just a question to the Server Admin.

As we also met several times right off regular dates for a coop blast, a persistent Channel could be posted via TS3Viewer into a frame of the website.That way players can directly see if or who is online and ready to play.

Feel free to post the TS data into the shout box for tonight, as the login pw can be changed everytime.

(01-02-2011, 06:32 PM)Nephris link Wrote: server adress:
sponsor.teamspeakserver4jeden.tk

port:

hmm, the server doesn't seem to be responding...

Teamspeak3 Server Adress - Nephris - 01-02-2011

Sorry,my fault, i missed the change in 2011.
The server adress was changed at 1.1.2011

server adress:
pfann2.dyndns.org

port:

Channel:
***Old Helmetz***

Channel pw:
black

Fixxed it in the post above!

Re: Teamspeak 3 - Overlord - 01-03-2011

TS3 vs TS2:
Teamspeak has yet to come up with a decent management system for Linux TS3 server before I even consider it. TS2 fullfills our needs as it is, as we use TS pretty intensively during game. My experience with TS3 (on different servers) is players tends to jump off to another channel, mute one or more players, file transfer and so on.
No doubt TS3 is more moder, you even got PA for AA2 on TS3 *(with some ACE radio-stuff).

For the volume adjustments in TS2 I have noticed at least OFP resets volume controls according to game settings when it start. You need to adjust them after game have started.
The esay way is to keep stuff more defaullt, not setting up different sound schemes for every program on computer. Read: adjust TS sound properties after you start game, not adjust TS by adjusting Windows sounds levels. That is if you just use TS when playing.

Quote:[at least i hope so, if OL will get sober from the new years party somedays ;-)...]
Don't worry Tony, drying up now Wink
To be honest I'll have to do a complete reinstall of OFP/FDF both on my computer and the server. It's probably a corrupt file somwhere but I'm not able to figure out where  Big Grin
AA2OA runs as it should with TS2

Re: Teamspeak 3 - Nephris - 01-03-2011

Well asahme u experienced those user behaviour on some TS3 server.
But why shouldnt this happen on TS2 Server either?
On a passworded and controlled server things like that doesnt happen.
Controlled in that way, as the TS Channel gets joined by users playing on CIA server only.
Foreign users using own channels wont be noticed as the Channel is audible on itslef.
File transfer, as far as it is activated will be used also by password verified users...means CIA server playing users.

Sure TS2 has everything one needs for gaming, but TS3 offers just more in quantity and quality, and on the other hand, CIA TS was the only reason to keep TS2 client installed on my system.
The volume adjustment can be done either via right click on the users nick, who is too loud/calm, that way everyone adjusts each other users loudness as he wants to.
And the main loudness level can then be adjusted via TS3 Options or MS system loudness.

Dont get me wrong, it is just an offer to use that persistent Channel and next to the gaming  the communication via TS3 tonight i felt very comfortable and pleasant.
Smile