Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
[CiA] Arma 2 Server : Required Addons - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Addon Requirements & Dedicated Servers (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: [CiA] Arma 2 Server : Required Addons (/showthread.php?tid=2002)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: [CiA] ArmA2 FDF server - Osku - 05-02-2011

Thanks guys for last night. Great games, island, missions, lots of players, everything was perfect.  Smile

For the AI question: we could try increasing AI skill near to 1.0, but keeping the accuracy level intact. That would give them better vision for spotting and (hopefully) get their asses moving.

Re: [CiA] ArmA2 FDF server - Overlord - 05-02-2011

I suggest we try BAF - Instrumental Track (co10) or co 15 kingpin to verify if anything is changed in FDF. We know this missions, at least AI skill and behavoiur. BTW; I just recall kingpin bugged in FDF last night, POW died immediately. Maybe some class-changes?

Re: [CiA] ArmA2 FDF server - vanha - 05-03-2011

I should do some fixes for the mission pack as I noticed when played with OA, the CBA related "isNil" issues arise. They don't seem to affect the mission but it gives the annoying warning about it.

If I have time (send the wife and kid to a 2 week cruise maybe) I could also throw in 3 new missions in it.
:Smile

Re: [CiA] ArmA2 FDF server - Variable - 05-03-2011

(05-03-2011, 09:56 AM)VanhA link Wrote: I should do some fixes for the mission pack as I noticed when played with OA, the CBA related "isNil" issues arise. They don't seem to affect the mission but it gives the annoying warning about it.

If I have time (send the wife and kid to a 2 week cruise maybe) I could also throw in 3 new missions in it.
:Smile
That would be great! Smile
Did you notice the AIs were a bit passive? We suspect the FDF mod turning the AI much dumber.

Re: [CiA] ArmA2 FDF server - jäger - 05-03-2011

Last time when we played king pin (if I'm not wrong AK was leading) and I was a seagull and there I saw some things from above.

The AI's seeing ability (or how accurate their hearing is  :Smile ) is totally amazing  They saw far more distance that human ever could and they started engaging too far, and they didn't maneuver nearly at all cause they were concentrating to give suppressive fire.

In general I'd say that AI abilities are too weak from short distance (1 shot, 1 kill should be the thing at distance below 50 m and from spotting time to bullet leaving barrel should be around 1,4 s) and too good from high distance specially if they have very crappy weapons.

Re: [CiA] ArmA2 FDF server - Overlord - 05-03-2011

I played that mission too, and I think the AI settings was great. Now, I didn't see how AIs moved, was too ocupied dodging bullets Smile They spent lots of ammo on us, but their precision ain't what it was Big Grin

Still a tough mission but doable I guess.....

But here's the twist, when we played it in FDF our POW died instantly at start....
And we tried "The Maze", where we could just walk along with the AIs, they didn't even bother looking at us, even less fire upon us... Dunno if it's FDF related yet, but I'm searching (or if our server had a generally bad day).

Re: [CiA] ArmA2 FDF server - Bubba - 05-03-2011

DAY.MONTH.YEAR  8)

THE ONLY WAY TO DO IT!!!  ;D

And in the grad + t-34 missions the tank never fired anything at you. And there was a ZSU, which killed me, that could have killed all of us to the rock next to the camp! (It was on the other side of the camp)

Re: [CiA] ArmA2 FDF server - Osku - 05-03-2011

(05-03-2011, 05:01 PM)Bubba link Wrote: And in the grad + t-34 missions the tank never fired anything at you

Actually the tank fired his main cannon once, but I don't know where it landed... we heard it just before we got visual on the tank. And also, it killed me when I and Zandhaas were shooting at the barrel with our automatic rifles (waiting ATs guys to prepare their launchers).

Re: [CiA] ArmA2 FDF server - Bubba - 05-04-2011

ooh. That's wierd. I was spectating next to the tank and i didnt notice it shooting. Well okay Tongue

But still it could have shot a lot more Tongue

Re: [CiA] ArmA2 FDF server - vanha - 05-04-2011

(05-04-2011, 02:09 PM)Bubba link Wrote: ooh. That's wierd. I was spectating next to the tank and i didnt notice it shooting. Well okay Tongue

But still it could have shot a lot more Tongue

As I'm going to do some new stuff for the pack, that is one thing also I can alter a bit.
(Although I think my first rpg round hit it's turret... could it affect that way?)

Re: [CiA] ArmA2 FDF server - Overlord - 05-04-2011

Well, if you hit the turret you could for sure destroy the barrel or the ability to turn turret.
As for Bubbas wish; don't listen to him, he only love seeing his team-mates getting killed from a birds view too much.  :Smile

Re: [CiA] ArmA2 FDF server - Variable - 05-06-2011

For those who played last night, what do you think of the levels the AIs presented?

Re: [CiA] ArmA2 FDF server - Osku - 05-07-2011

(05-06-2011, 03:52 PM)Variable link Wrote: For those who played last night, what do you think of the levels the AIs presented?

You're talking about the night we played Juhannus, Scud Busters, Red Raid LITE, etc. ? I didn't notice any big problems. They wiped us out very effectively in Juhannus and but in Red Raid they might've been slightly blind. They didn't spot me jumping SVD in hand at the lighthouse railings, not even when they ran past me on 50 meters distance. But later, when I opened fire some guys in the village spotted me easily while the other nearby 2-men patrols couldn't care less. All this could be just normal ArmA2 behaviour. There wasn't any obvious AI flaws this time.

Re: [CiA] ArmA2 FDF server - Bubba - 05-08-2011

(05-04-2011, 05:28 PM)Overlord link Wrote: As for Bubbas wish; don't listen to him, he only love seeing his team-mates getting killed from a birds view too much.  :Smile

Hmmm... Maybe I need to start making missions!  ;D

Re: [CiA] ArmA2 FDF server - Nikiller - 05-24-2011

hi,

(04-19-2011, 05:09 PM)Overlord link Wrote: CiA ArmA2 FDF server is currently using the following addons:

[color=blue]FDFMod
[color=blue]Thirsk island
[color=blue]KuiK's Winter Camos
For me the dl speed was very slow ~230ko/s. If it happens for you too I suggest to use the six updater for FDF and Thirsk island. Unfortunetly, kuis's winter camos isn't covered by six yet.

BTW, the six updater is much more user friendly than before.

PS: don't forget to make a speed test to have optimal speed.

cya.

Nikiller.