Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Thursday Night Special - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Thursday Night Special (/showthread.php?tid=2217)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Re: Thursday Night Special - MavericK96 - 09-28-2013

Well...I guess we won't know until we try 'em!  Wink

I'm up for trying them on some off-time as well if you guys are free, rather than have it during the main mission nights.

Re: Thursday Night Special - doveman - 10-01-2013

We might want to use this mod on the A3 server otherwise, as I understand it, the AI gets stuck on full supersoldier mode! http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164740-Zeu_CFGAIskill

Note this supersedes the previous Zeu_Serverskill mod which apparently no longer works. I'm not sure if this new one is currently working with the Dev build, so someone who knows how to test it will have to check that.

Re: Thursday Night Special - Variable - 10-01-2013

(10-01-2013, 01:28 AM)doveman link Wrote: We might want to use this mod on the A3 server otherwise, as I understand it, the AI gets stuck on full supersoldier mode! http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164740-Zeu_CFGAIskill

Note this supersedes the previous Zeu_Serverskill mod which apparently no longer works. I'm not sure if this new one is currently working with the Dev build, so someone who knows how to test it will have to check that.
Yep, definitely a must have. CK has suggested it as well. However, what we need first are good, group/side/no respawn missions. Without a sufficient amount of missions there's no point in starting to play Arma 3 at all.

Re: Thursday Night Special - Phantom - 10-01-2013

I think we just erase clean the entire list and the missions on the server then go mission hunting in that case... too bad there's no sander around to make ARMA 3 missions Tongue he cranks out a large amount the quickest (better than nothing).

Re: Thursday Night Special - ck-claw - 10-03-2013

Sooo are we looking at Arma3 tomorrow night???

Re: Thursday Night Special - MavericK96 - 10-03-2013

It doesn't sound like there's enough missions, but I would definitely be down to try some tomorrow if others want to.

Re: Thursday Night Special - Phantom - 10-03-2013

1 - 5 player coop
3 - 6 player coop
1 - 12 player coop

That's not going to be enough for a coop night. There's got to be more unless, I guess you can go 1-2 round of Arma 3 but that'd be it.

Although I'd still like to play Arma 3 sometimes, I'd still play Arma 2 as well and not quit on it... so much islands out there still, even nice ones without missions on it Sad . They can use some missions....

Re: Thursday Night Special - Alwarren - 10-03-2013

(10-03-2013, 09:23 AM)Phantom link Wrote: That's not going to be enough for a coop night. There's got to be more unless, I guess you can go 1-2 round of Arma 3 but that'd be it.

We can simply try a mission or two when we are the right amount of players, and otherwise switch back to Arma 2.

Re: Thursday Night Special - kenwort - 10-03-2013

I'm up for ARMA 3 on Thursdays, tried it yesterday and it looked and felt much better than the previous version I tried back in August. Still a bit drag in larger towns but not that big of a problem.

Re: Thursday Night Special - Variable - 10-03-2013

If everyone has Arma 3 with the correct branch, and willing to play it, and we have a missions that fits the slot number, we can play Arma 3 and then switch to Arma 2.

Dev branch, right? When it's safest to update the server? Better do it after the daily update.

Re: Thursday Night Special - Llauma - 10-03-2013

Damn.. I have to work but hopefully you're still playing Arma 3 when I get home. I haven't tried it in MP yet.

Re: Thursday Night Special - Alwarren - 10-03-2013

(10-03-2013, 11:04 AM)Variable link Wrote: Dev branch, right? When it's safest to update the server? Better do it after the daily update.

Dev branch update for today is through, so you can update it now.

Re: Thursday Night Special - doveman - 10-03-2013

(10-03-2013, 11:04 AM)Variable link Wrote: If everyone has Arma 3 with the correct branch, and willing to play it, and we have a missions that fits the slot number, we can play Arma 3 and then switch to Arma 2.

Dev branch, right? When it's safest to update the server? Better do it after the daily update.

One problem with using the Dev branch is that the majority of other servers seem to be running Stable at the moment and it's not like with A2 where it's simple to use a commandline switch to choose whether to launch with Stable or Dev, it requires a large download to switch between the two each time, so for anyone who might wish to play on other servers sometimes, using the Dev branch would be problematic.

I guess the Dev branch is more likely to have tweaks/new features added that could cause bugs, which would hopefully be picked up and fixed before they're transferred to the Stable, so that could be something to bear in mind as well.

I'm not sure what the schedule is for copying changes from Dev to Stable but if there's some significant optimisations or other advantages with the Dev at the moment, an idea might be to use that until the next Stable update and then use Stable after that.

Re: Thursday Night Special - Variable - 10-03-2013

It's always possible to switch back a to stable. I think most of us are already on the dev branch. I suppose using stable will involve more players switching modes than the alternative.

Re: Thursday Night Special - doveman - 10-03-2013

(10-03-2013, 12:55 PM)Variable link Wrote: It's always possible to switch back a to stable. I think most of us are already on the dev branch. I suppose using stable will involve more players switching modes than the alternative.

Sure, at the moment it appears most of us are on the dev branch, so it makes sense to stick with that for now at least.