Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Thursday Night Special - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Thursday Night Special (/showthread.php?tid=2217)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Re: Friday Night Special - Variable - 10-03-2012

Guys, starting from this Friday, October 5, our Friday night sessions shall require both ACE and the addons listed on the opening post of this thread.. Please make sure to install what you currently don't have and create an appropriate shortcut.

Re: Friday Night Special - Misha - 10-03-2012

Oh dear, now I will never participate on those nights.

Re: Friday Night Special - Variable - 10-03-2012

If we don't add more addons we will have very few ace missions to choose from.

Re: Friday Night Special - Variable - 10-08-2012

ACE was updated on the server!
Please update the following folders:

@ACE
@ACEX
@ACEX_RU 
@ACEX_SM
@ACEX_USNAVY

Update available through Six, Armarize or YAS.
Personally, I use YAS to get the update from Zeus repository. For details, get the zeus manual from this page (careful, PDF), and jump to the page titled with "Yoma’s Addon Sync".

Re: Friday Night Special - Nouty - 10-10-2012

You seem to have "Extended armor" enabled in the server difficulty settings. At least I get the CBA warning for that in my RPT when running ACE on your server. For ACE wounding system to work properly, extended armor should be disabled.

Re: Friday Night Special - Variable - 10-10-2012

Thanks Nouty! I'll fix that.

Re: Friday Night Special - Rund - 10-10-2012

Maybe that's the reason we had this much trouble with the ACE medics?

Re: Friday Night Special - doveman - 10-19-2012

Hi guys

Just wondering if it might be better NOT to suggest using the beta patch (in fact, state not to and only use 1.62) due to the issue with the VON port being moved in beta 95061 (I think), which means that those using that beta or higher can't talk (although can hear) those using a lower beta.

I know we've been using TS3 lately to get round that problem, although that has it's own issues of not being able to see who's talking. Mind you, I asked BE support if the TS3 Overlay is safe to use and they replied "yes, right now you can use it without problems on BE servers." so I'm going to give that a go and see how well it works.

Was also wondering if you've considered using the Digital Compass mod (or similar) as it's pretty handy having it show precise co-ordinates for calling out contacts? On the Project Reality servers they use a mod that shows it down the bottom, like "300 WNW" but I haven't been able to find out what mod that is, so perhaps it's a custom job.

Also, I find that the CWR mod messes with the start menu and makes the ACE config not work. If I wait until I'm in game and open it, it's OK there but it would be nice to be able to use it before then. I was wondering if there's a particular file that I could remove from the CWR folder to just disable the start menu modification without causing any other problems?

Re: Friday Night Special - Rund - 10-19-2012

I think you're free to use any client side addons that you like.

On the CWR - ACE issue:just dont mix them!  If we play CWR (regular nights) do NOT load ACE. It can mess up a lot of things.
The other way around: We don't play CWR missions during ACE nights I think, so no need for it there.

But on the other hand, I see no reason why CWR should cause problems.  If it does, maybe try reversing the loading order in your command line. Might also solve your menu issue.

PS.

I'm not sure if I can participate tonight

Re: Friday Night Special - Variable - 10-19-2012

Doveman, rundll is correct. About the beta - you have a point there, I've edited the first post so that using the beta is on hold until the VON issues are sorted with an official patch. I'll also put a note clarifying that the addons used on Friday night special are instead of the ones used on our official nights, and not in addition to them.

Re: Friday Night Special - doveman - 10-20-2012

rundll, thanks for clarifying that. I'll try your suggestion about swapping the load order for CRW and ACE as well to see if that fixes the menu issue.

I wasn't sure which mods were OK to use in addition to the Required ones (in fact, I didn't realise the server wasn't using BE and that we could use other mods) and I don't want to use anything that could either give me an unfair advantage or conflict with any of the other mods but if you think Digital Compass should be OK I'll try that next time. There's not much else I can think of I'd want to use, except perhaps a mod to stop the AI talking so much (the last mission we played on Friday when I played the prisoner, the guards were constantly shouting "reloading" which got rather annoying!).

Variable, the note not to use the beta is clear enough thanks, although perhaps the note that the Friday Night addons should be used instead of the normal addons could be a bit more prominent. It's probably a good idea to put a note not to use the beta on the page here http://ciahome.net/needed-addons/ as well. You probably want to modify that list as well, as having "Test Addons for Friday Coop Session (dynamic list)" in the middle of the list is what made me think they were to be used in addition to, rather than instead of, the other mods, so if you just move that to between "Required Addons" and "Recommended Addons" with a header like "Use these mods instead of the above for Friday Session" that should be clearer.

Re: Friday Night Special - Variable - 10-20-2012

Thanks doveman, these are some good advices. I made some changes I hope it's more clear now.

Re: Friday Night Special - doveman - 10-21-2012

Good job, thanks. Looks perfectly clear now Smile

Re: Friday Night Special - setup - 11-01-2012

Hi,

As known, last week some of us updated ACE to latest version and couldn't play on the not updated server. is it possible to align versions so we can play this Friday?
Thanks!

Re: Friday Night Special - Rund - 11-01-2012

It already is updated to the latest stable version, so you should be ok next time!