Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Thursday Night Special - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Thursday Night Special (/showthread.php?tid=2217)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Friday Night Special - Variable - 05-04-2013

(05-04-2013, 01:04 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: CAA1 download on arma2base is passworded.
Passwort: tcbrulz
The password appears on the download page.

Re: Thursday Night Special - Variable - 05-25-2013

Title and first post updated with recent addon change and switch from Friday to Thursday.

Re: Thursday Night Special - Stick - 09-13-2013

Finlay was able to play with you all last night, after having to reinstall Arma 2 and patching problems. I had a great time and it was a pleasure to play with what I would say a professional team.  Big Grin 8)

Re: Thursday Night Special - ck-claw - 09-13-2013

Yepp- good times Stick  8)

Re: Thursday Night Special - MavericK96 - 09-26-2013

I don't know how anyone else feels, but I wouldn't mind trying some ArmA 3 on Thursdays sometimes.  Assuming there are some decent co-op missions available (?).

Re: Thursday Night Special - ck-claw - 09-26-2013

(09-26-2013, 02:55 AM)MavericK96 link Wrote: I don't know how anyone else feels, but I wouldn't mind trying some ArmA 3 on Thursdays sometimes.  Assuming there are some decent co-op missions available (?).

^^This  8)

Re: Thursday Night Special - Variable - 09-26-2013

(09-26-2013, 02:55 AM)MavericK96 link Wrote: I don't know how anyone else feels, but I wouldn't mind trying some ArmA 3 on Thursdays sometimes.  Assuming there are some decent co-op missions available (?).
Same here. Since the game was released it's a good milestone to reassess playing Arma 3 in coop nights. What are the chances that we will have to constantly update missions with each dev branch update? Are there decent coop missions with GROUP respawn or none at all?

If someone could do a check and return with a (rough number) it will be great and we could then take a decision.

Re: Thursday Night Special - Varanon - 09-26-2013

(09-26-2013, 07:52 AM)Variable link Wrote: What are the chances that we will have to constantly update missions with each dev branch update?

The biggest problem with the alpha/beta phase was constant switching of class names, munitions for weapons and such... this is no longer an issue, so missions will be relatively stable, even on the dev branch

Re: Thursday Night Special - Alwarren - 09-26-2013

(09-26-2013, 07:52 AM)Variable link Wrote: If someone could do a check and return with a (rough number) it will be great and we could then take a decision.

I have made two coop missions for Arma 3 myself, one on Stratis (with voice acting Big Grin) and one recently on Altis. both are for IIRC 6 and 8 people, respectively.

Varanon's updated Point Insertion we haven't finished either.

As for others, I'll have a look at what is available. I suppose we can pretty much forget what we have on the server right now, most of that stuff will no longer work anyway.

Question is, Dev build or Stble? I tend to say Dev, it's less buggy than the Stable one.

(09-26-2013, 12:57 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: Question is, Dev build or Stble? I tend to say Dev, it's less buggy than the Stable one.
Even if it's less buggy, how will updates affect the missions we get?
I'll delete all missions on the server.

Re: Thursday Night Special - Varanon - 09-26-2013

(09-26-2013, 04:54 PM)Variable link Wrote: Even if it's less buggy, how will updates affect the missions we get?

I don't think it will affect missions much.

The biggest problem in Alpha/Beta was the class name changes, and the changes in ammunition on some of the weapons.

The only area that might still be problematic is changes in Altis, i.e. the dreaded "static object links" error message. However, updates to Altis are rather rare, I would guess.

Re: Thursday Night Special - MavericK96 - 09-26-2013

I'd throw my hat into the ring for the Dev build.  It seems to be pretty stable, and they seem to keep optimizing the game more and more in each build.

Ok, then dev branch it is. Now we only need to scratch a sufficient amount of reasonable missions, and Alwarren tells me that it's a tough task.

Re: Thursday Night Special - Alwarren - 09-26-2013

(09-26-2013, 06:37 PM)Variable link Wrote: Ok, then dev branch it is. Now we only need to scratch a sufficient amount of reasonable missions, and Alwarren tells me that it's a tough task.

So far I have 12 missions that are either revive. group respawn, or no respawn. That was the result of about ten pages of MP missions list on Armaholic. Going to also check the workshop

Re: Thursday Night Special - ck-claw - 09-26-2013

(09-26-2013, 07:57 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: So far I have 12 missions that are either revive. group respawn, or no respawn. That was the result of about ten pages of MP missions list on Armaholic. Going to also check the workshop

Theres 100's on workshop but, if they're any good? remains to be seen.
Dev for me too.

Not sure if it's 'our thing' but was a good/fun/different kinda mission in Arma2
CO08 Escape Chernarus Ports for Altis and Stratis
Not sure at what state this is working well?