Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
DCS: World - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: DCS: World (/showthread.php?tid=2257)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Re: DCS: World - Misha - 11-07-2015

Sure, I can fly F-15. However, go easy on me, I'm not an ace!

Re: DCS: World - Misha - 11-07-2015

Will be late appx 10 mins.

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 11-08-2015

Little after action report from last night.

After some some unguided weapon warmup we jumped right into SAR with UH-1, Mi-8 and SU-25T. As always the choppers are a lot of fun, but coordination with fast movers in difficult terrain can be quiet hard, so we are probably going to do some choppper only missions in the future.

Air to Air combat was more fun than I expecetd. Duking it out with Misha in his F15c to get to the A-10c was intense and I ended up with an Aim-9 beeing shoved up my Su27s virtual ass by Manuel in his A-10c. There were lots of other A-A kills as well including an F-15 (Misha) comitting friendly fire on an A-10c (Unnamed) and of course the F15 and Su27 shooting each other down.
However next time we might want to try and place the starting airfields closer together.

Our last mission was A-10c against large formations of tanks and it took us quite a long time to destroy them all. Maybe next time we need to work more with Mark points, so instead of doing 12 passes for 12 targets we can kill them in 2.

Re: DCS: World - Manuel - 11-08-2015

Great games last night Smile

I'm all for more helicopter mission, really enjoyed that one. I'm not quite sure why I botched the landing in the AO in the first attempt. I took some fire while approaching, but I don't think that was it. My best guess would be that I put the heli down to hard on the soft ground...

Shooting down Sithis SU27 was pretty much the high point of my evening. Admittedly it was mostly luck, I he just suddenly appeared in front of me, not noticing that I was there (I think he was going after Misha). I expected him to be gone before I could take the shot since the Flanker would usually move much faster than the A10 ever could. For whatever reason I had plenty of time though to line up and take the shot. Made me a very happy little pilot Smile

The last mission was pretty long. Some bird strikes on take off and some very nasty manpads prolonged the thing even more. Was a good mission though, Sithis was doing a great job again as AFAC. It would have been great though to have some more variety in a mission that long.

Re: DCS: World - UnNamedGER - 11-08-2015

I love your new avatar Manuel xD

I think I could use some more training with the uh-1 . but I absolutely prefere the A-10.

liked all three missions though.

The last one could probably have been finished quicker if we had attacked the tanks groups mor efficiently, picking off the survivors with mavericks for example.... maybe some cbu 87/103 would have come handy for "finding" those Iglas.  with 1 AFAC and 3 A-10 flying the attacks we would probably have been much quicker as well.... never mind the 3 extra start ups for birdstrikes... seems like the georgian birds are quite suicidal.

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 11-09-2015

Alright time to plan the next CiA DCS night.

Next Saturday 1900 UTC (2000 MEZ/CET).

So far a KA-50/Uh-1 mission is in the making, there will probably be another AG/AA mission and some A-10c ground pounding with AFAC support.

So as always just let me know if you are participating and which aircraft types you want to fly + how good you are with them.

Re: DCS: World - Variable - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 05:18 PM)Sithis link Wrote:C[size=1.35em]i[/size]A
[Image: I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg]

Re: DCS: World - UnNamedGER - 11-09-2015

i would like an A-10 armed to the teeth with 6 mavericks plus cluster bombs, dont worry about the weight, i'll get it airborne somehow

Re: DCS: World - Misha - 11-10-2015

I enjoyed the previous DCS game, it was so much better than when I was the admin  ;D

In the rescue mission, I envied you for taking the choppers, you seemed to be seeing much more action than me in my SU-25. Because of the difficult terrain I couldn't find the target area at first, and after that spotting enemies was very, very tricky, and most of the time I was just circling around, evading treetops Smile

But till next time I hope to improve my Huey flying.

Yes, that air to air adversarial was awesome and unpredictable, I say! Actually, I think I fared much better than I deserved. At most times I wasn't sure who am I locking onto, that's how I hit friendly A-10. And imagine my surprise when I spotted Sithis in his SU-27 in front of me some mile ahead. He looked like he was exploding and I thought it was friendly A-10 being downed, but seconds later I realized it was actually the missile he fired on me. By the time I realized that it was already too late! 

Ok, looking forward till next time! So much to learn, and I have become rusty in the meantime because the life is very busy. I feel a bit stupid because you can't speak German because of me, and I have finished A2 level, but the only relevant word I know is Flugzeug! Back to school in any case.

BTW, how many of you are real world pilots?

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 11-10-2015

Dont worry Misha we dont mind switching to english. Most of the radio coms are english anyway, even if we are only Germans (ok and Austrians).
On top of that I think its awesome that we finally have some air to air action going on. You posed quiet the challenge with you low level flying.

We only got one real pilot, I used to be an air traffic controller, so maybe thats whats drawing me to doing AFAC  ;D

Re: DCS: World - Manuel - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 10:11 AM)Sithis link Wrote:(ok and Austrians).

That's very different! Don't you forget about that  ;D

For outsider there is a big difference and it all comes down to food Smile

Re: DCS: World - Manuel - 11-11-2015

Generall question: how do you guys feel about shipboard landings?

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 11-11-2015

Sadly the ships arent moddeled properly. So all we get is a platform out at sea.

Doing proper naval operations with the helicopters would be really interesting, but I dont tink we will get it anytime soon.