Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
DCS: World - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: DCS: World (/showthread.php?tid=2257)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 06-04-2016

at least you are bussy with planes  Tongue
We are having a BBQ so i might be a little late

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 06-05-2016

Thre pilots in the air SCHALALALALA

We started off with helicopter mission. Night low flying poses a real challenge espacially for me as the transport pilot, but thanks to the bright road it worked out. We lost sight of each other a few times on transit, but I think we got better at formation at night towards the end. The Gazelle in its first mission kind of filled the role that is usually filled by the Ka50, but since the Ka50 suffers from the microlagg death issue it is nice to finally have a helicopter that can kill AA.

Later we learned that we are really bad at low level bombing with the A10c, but I saw some really nice hits in the training session that followed.
I guess the leason learned is either attack level ground while flying over the very same level ground in level flight, or carpet bomb the shit out of it.

The last mission had a lot of flying time and the briefing was lacking, but I had fun finding and shooting targets with the MK1 eyeball anyway.

Well and during our dogfighting I noticed that my Mig21 is even worse than I remembered against the Mirage

Re: DCS: World - Manuel - 06-05-2016

First Mission
It was great to finally lead the Gazelle into battle. Together with a UH-1 as gunship and one for infantry transport we attacked an enemy camp. The Gazelle (me) took an overwatch position from where it took out a couple of AAA. The gunship (Etzu) took out the remaining armed vehicles to clear the way for the transport helo (Sithis). Smooth execution as far as I'm concerned.

[Image: INxGHLcKUOfBAcsVweS9d6HuPoK5-Xa-LZdfCUsE...ize_mode=3]
[Image: hj1Nn76ckLBZvRRD_jTwI7OlcUInIU-whfoudhX2...ize_mode=3]

Second Mission (CCIP Bombing)
Well, like Sithis said, we are not terribly good at CCIP bombing Big Grin .

Third Mission
I liked the use of radio navigation aids in the mission. Other than that, the approach to the AO was a bit long and the briefing was simultandously quite long and lacked some important information and structuring. I feel like it could be a good mission if those flaws would be taken care of...

PvP Dogfight
It was Etzu (Su27) and Sithis (MiG21) against myself (M2000C). I guess I've underestimated myself. I was hesitant to fight two Flankers at once, which is why Sithis flew the Mig. That tipped the scale to far in my direction though, wasn't a fair fight...
We played two rounds, in both rounds I took out the Flanker first and then got the MiG. The old Fishbed just can't keep up with the (slightly less old) Mirage and Flanker, even though Sithis managed to get behind me at least once.
The final fight against Sithis got me sweating though because I was running low on fuel. I managed to establish myself on final at the nearest airport with 120 kg of fuel left before Sithis quit the server. That would have been 2 minutes of fuel at best, so a go-around would have been pretty much impossible  Tongue

I'm pretty sure that things would have turned out very different with two Flankers though. As long as I'm chasing one of them the other can get up from behind... Would be only fair to try that next time.

And sorry by the way for boasting and strong language, PvP often gets me a bit over excited...

Speeking of boasting:
With the PvP 4 kills yesterday, that makes at least 5 PvP kills for me in the M2000C. Which means I'm now the resident Mirage ace Big Grin

[Image: yedMfFd0lr-EEP3OKs8_rXPrsIF-yZd-hj7zpvY3...ize_mode=3]
[Image: 8A_KwKlJn0VO7_DVjdMBMYsUldaTSCW6jUVqdCYx...ize_mode=3]
[Image: YkTijN5lak1x_DvHDYRV2szfSSQafF-1CWsJ4X8V...ize_mode=3]
[Image: 8x7Fx1LEHBi4c8m32R-GTVLzZM-i1EaGcARV0m9P...ize_mode=3]

Re: DCS: World - Etzu - 06-11-2016

Anyone doing any flying today?

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 06-12-2016

I wasnt able to make it this week and will be away next week.

Re: DCS: World - Manuel - 07-01-2016

Is anybody up for some flying tomorrow?

Re: DCS: World - Misha - 07-02-2016

I'm up but cannot guarantee I'll show up, to many unknowns today! But if I can I'll sure jump in if you're there!

Re: DCS: World - Sithis - 07-05-2016

Hey guys I ll be flying next Saturday at the usual time. Anybody interested in joining me?
Id be up for anything but I guess ill make a UH-1 an A 10 and a Sabre mission.
Since I finally got the Mig15 they wont be invincible anymore Big Grin

Re: DCS: World - Manuel - 07-06-2016

I'm up for it Smile

Re: DCS: World - Etzu - 07-07-2016

Re: DCS: World - Manuel - 07-09-2016

Hey, are you guys already done?

Re: DCS: World - Misha - 07-10-2016

I wanted to come but it wasnt granted and it turned out i couldn't come. Plese fly next week  Tongue

Re: DCS: World - Manuel - 07-15-2016

I'd be up for flying this weekend, anybody else?

I promisse to be on time this time. Won't be doing any hiking with the cold I'm nursing...

Re: DCS: World - UnNamedGER - 07-16-2016

I still got one exam ahead,  so I am out

Re: DCS: World - Misha - 07-16-2016

I'll come, no obstacles to that today.